JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Told the dentist I was scared of dentists and terrified of needles...

He was cheerful and I swear he barely put pressure on the plunger when giving me the numbing crap they inject so I hardly felt it.

As soon as he finished the first one, I looked at him and said your going to be my dentist - he laughed and said "you may want to wait till I'm done with the rest of them"... he finished the injections and I said the same thing:rolleyes:.

He took the most time gently coaxing the tooth out by a long shot compared to other couple teeth I've had to have removed - the last one the dentist just grabbed ahold of it and in 3 stooges style just kept pulling till it came out, breaking it into pieces and leaving bone fragments in the gums that caused me pain for another 3 weeks. I went back in and told him they were there and said they were part of my jaw - turned out he was wrong.

Then he made a cut inside my mouth between the gums and cheek so that the infection had a place to drain and said it would keep draining until it was better.

I didn't feel that cut at all.

So now I'm out of commission for 2-3 days of no stress on the body, lifting or bending over. He advised propping myself way up if I lay down or to sit in a recliner.

I made it home, got all of my pills and got ice packs on my face and passed out on the couch for 4 hours till the dog decided it was time to eat and wouldn't leave me alone - it's funny most days but I wasn't amused today.

At least I'm not in screeming pain, just sore with pain pills.

Good times

That was a great episode - love those guys;):D

I'm tough but not that tough:eek::p

When I'm felling bad pain & going to the dentist is the last resort (either the pliers didn't work nor the string tied to a quad or the pickup) I settle into the chair resting comfortable and the Dr. sits and asks "What have we here?" I tell what the ailment is and where & he says "lets take a looksee". I stop him right there, hold out my hand which is at crotch level and say "Give em up partner" (they always look quizzically) and ask "WHAT"? Yer nutz partner, If you hurt me I will defiantly hurt YOU!!! ;););)

Just came across this thread. So sorry to hear about this. I am definitely not a fan of dentists - I go to them, but reluctantly. A couple years ago, I had a tooth removed and an implant put in due to something called 'resorption', where the body's own immune system attacks the root of the tooth - only solution is pull it. When he did, it came apart in a million pieces below the gum line - similar to what happened to you - he did know better than to leave those pieces in, but his hour of digging them out left me in a lot of pain over 4-5 days.

Sounds like you're getting it resolved though, glad to hear it. If you don't mind my asking, how is your new job doing with the recent issues? Are they working with you?

Sounds like you're getting it resolved though, glad to hear it. If you don't mind my asking, how is your new job doing with the recent issues? Are they working with you?

Honestly, I probably would have fired me by now:oops:.

However, they have been very understanding about the situations.

Being sick for a week and then back a week and then this tooth issue, which will probably take the rest of the week to recover from has been unavoidable on my side; I can't take the drugs and drive and I can't bend or lift anything so I would be useless at work and miserable.

It's incredibly embarrassing to me to have this be at the beginning of the employment.

I work hard to accomplish as much as possible and be a model employee to my ability. I have received many Thank-You's and great work's so I know they are mostly happy with me so I'm hoping I can get better and continue to show them I can get stuff done quickly and efficiently.

On top of that, it would be nice to have more then 40 hours on a two week pay period... I could really use the money at this point, so if I could be at work I would be:rolleyes:.

It might also help that the person that helped me get hired is most likely covering the major issues while I'm gone for me - he is a rock star:cool:

In conclusion, they are awesome and I enjoy the work so I hope this gets forgotten and we just move forward and past it.

You should have all of your teeth removed! (By golly, that will teach you)!
I was informed on Monday that I will have to wait five weeks until I can be fitted for dentures. Live with the pain for me and come tell me how I should feel. (I wound up walking and hitchhiking the two miles round trip to obtain my pain medication and never took it all).
I know how much it hurts, and I'm not a wimp either. (I stopped taking the Oxycontin/Acetaminophen tablets, due to Opioid-Induced Constipation). As a result, I have to "tough it out".
Welcome aboard, Bucko.

+1 for colloidal silver... My parents have a "home brew" kit, and make their own so luckily I get for free... I also found the best over the counter numbing apparatus to be the Kanka Softbrush Gel, it works way better than anything else, and I tried them all. I am on a lot of meds for my many ailments since my accident, and I use a cpap... So my mouth gets really dry at night... I also didn't have dental insurance until last year so I too had the = "meth mouth" without ever using meth... In the last few months I've had 3 teeth pulled and several filings, with several to go... for a long time I had horrible pain and throbbing up into my eye sockets.. it SUX! I was tempted more than once to grab Wilson and an ice skate and head into a cave.

Remember Redi Whip is not to be used illicitly!

EF2CE9A7-D212-4291-A99E-5BB22DA33F4E-2562-00000501331CFD9C_tmp.jpg Just say N2O:s0108:

You should have all of your teeth removed! (By golly, that will teach you)!
I was informed on Monday that I will have to wait five weeks until I can be fitted for dentures. Live with the pain for me and come tell me how I should feel. (I wound up walking and hitchhiking the two miles round trip to obtain my pain medication and never took it all).
I know how much it hurts, and I'm not a wimp either. (I stopped taking the Oxycontin/Acetaminophen tablets, due to Opioid-Induced Constipation). As a result, I have to "tough it out".
Welcome aboard, Bucko.

Trying to save as many as I can - I'm still a little young to have full dentures and don't want the bone in my jaw to start receding.

I got lucky with the pain pills as they are counteracting the diahria that I was told I'd have with the massive antibiotics I'm on.

Ask for oxycodone without the Tylenol and you can regulate them easier.

+1 for colloidal silver... My parents have a "home brew" kit, and make their own so luckily I get for free... I also found the best over the counter numbing apparatus to be the Kanka Softbrush Gel, it works way better than anything else, and I tried them all. I am on a lot of meds for my many ailments since my accident, and I use a cpap... So my mouth gets really dry at night... I also didn't have dental insurance until last year so I too had the = "meth mouth" without ever using meth... In the last few months I've had 3 teeth pulled and several filings, with several to go... for a long time I had horrible pain and throbbing up into my eye sockets.. it SUX! I was tempted more than once to grab Wilson and an ice skate and head into a cave.

Remember Redi Whip is not to be used illicitly!

View attachment 365558 Just say N2O:s0108:

I think you can still buy whip it's but it's been so long since I tried one.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna say tooth pain is on the top of my least favorite things.

Really makes me wonder what I would do in a SHTF scenario where I didn't have access to dental care.

I've waited it out thru teeth roots dying but this one was infected and not much I could do about it.

Also, cold aluminum cans (coke, beer etc) make great cold packs.

I've been going thru our bundle of cold packs so fast trying to keep the swelling down that I've found that cans retain their coldness for longer then most of my cold packs do, are colder then the instant cold chemical packs and a 12 pack will do ya just fine, by the time you hit the end of the box the original ones you took out are nice and cold again.

May work on other body parts but not others so your mileage may vary.

I'm a little late to the party here, but I went through the exact same thing ( posted a thread on it here) last year, SO I know your pain!!! Man, I never experienced such pain ever in my entire life, and there was nothing I could take to get through it. I did find Percocet and Ibu did take most of it down, but before I could have it extracted, I had to get the massive infection under control, which added a week to the suffering and massive doses of penicillin before I could get it pulled. My dentist uses a neat trick for giving oral injections, He sprays a freezing agent on a swab and applies it to the spot he is going to stick and that numbs you just enough to not really feel the stick, works really really well! Might ask your dentist to try that next time! Because of that simple trick, I no longer have issues with getting work done!
I too wondered about SHTF and dental needs with pain and infections, and got some pretty good feedback from many members here, but I have no idea how to find that thread. I even had several members PM me with off the record solutions to try, and several worked out well!
Glad your feeling better, MAN, that double whammy sure did a number on ya, glad you are working at a place that is understanding! Good luck Brother, I know what your going through! Get better and go do some shootin with SK!!!

Honestly, I probably would have fired me by now:oops:.

However, they have been very understanding about the situations.

Being sick for a week and then back a week and then this tooth issue, which will probably take the rest of the week to recover from has been unavoidable on my side; I can't take the drugs and drive and I can't bend or lift anything so I would be useless at work and miserable.

It's incredibly embarrassing to me to have this be at the beginning of the employment.

I work hard to accomplish as much as possible and be a model employee to my ability. I have received many Thank-You's and great work's so I know they are mostly happy with me so I'm hoping I can get better and continue to show them I can get stuff done quickly and efficiently.

On top of that, it would be nice to have more then 40 hours on a two week pay period... I could really use the money at this point, so if I could be at work I would be:rolleyes:.

It might also help that the person that helped me get hired is most likely covering the major issues while I'm gone for me - he is a rock star:cool:

In conclusion, they are awesome and I enjoy the work so I hope this gets forgotten and we just move forward and past it.

I've seen new employees that ran into issues like that right out of the chute before - my employer has been pretty understanding in the past. I'm glad to hear they're working with you. Hopefully this tooth issue is the last one for a while - I know you've been waiting a while to get back to work. Here's to a quick recovery!

Also, cold aluminum cans (coke, beer etc) make great cold packs.

I've been going thru our bundle of cold packs so fast trying to keep the swelling down that I've found that cans retain their coldness for longer then most of my cold packs do, are colder then the instant cold chemical packs and a 12 pack will do ya just fine, by the time you hit the end of the box the original ones you took out are nice and cold again.

May work on other body parts but not others so your mileage may vary.

I liked bags of frozen peas or corn myself - they held cold quite a while, but also were able to conform around my jaw.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top