JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is there a demand for clean sheet lead? I have approximately 100lb of x-ray shielding grade lead available.

Lead.jpg

Anyone have a Geiger counter? Just playing. A friend who worked demo gave me several hundred pounds of this years back, it's very soft and pure, dare I say medical grade? Too bad you're so far away as I would be interested.

I have been buying and selling large amounts if scrap brass. When rendered down into I got I and selling it for $1.25 a pound.
It is easy to melt down and pour into ingots.
Your lead would be wanted by people who cast rifled slugs, #00 buckshot and blackpowder projectiles.

When I quit casting, I sold hundreds of pounds of lead on ebay. You can ship it by USPS Priority Mail in a Medium Flat Rate box which costs about $14.. I used to put 45# per box. I scheduled a pickup at my door with the post office. They'd come by and pick it up for free on their daily rounds. Don't forget to use the "Caution Heavy" post office label so postal workers don't get herniated lifting them wrong. I used to double the box inside to ensure intact delivery. These days, clean lead starts at $2 a pound on ebay. You trade the time and trouble of meet-ups for labor of packing and shipping.

I have been buying and selling large amounts if scrap brass. When rendered down into I got I and selling it for $1.25 a pound.
It is easy to melt down and pour into ingots.
Your lead would be wanted by people who cast rifled slugs, #00 buckshot and blackpowder projectiles.
Roto Metals sells a Chip that contains Antimony and Tin, It makes alloy into bullet material . DR

I ment to write lead.
Thanks, I wasn't trying to be a smarty pants. You never know, people will try anything. The melting point of brass is 1,100 degrees higher than lead +/-, so it would take a lot more heat to render brass down. To no point, really, as the metals buyers will take it in whatever form.

Decades ago, I knew a farrier. Someone gave him some platinum wire. He tried to melt it down in his forge, and tried and tried, burned up a lot of energy trying and got nowhere. His forge wasn't up to 3,200 degrees F.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top