Deltapoint question

joken

Reactions
Is it reasonable to assume that the top of the 7moa triangle can be used as the point of aim? Anyone have one?

Last edited:
Reactions
I have the dot, not the triangle, but yes, I believe that's reasonable to assume.
The nice thing about red dots in general is that the shooter can sight in the firearm using any portion of the dot/Chevron etc they wish. Adjust the optics drop/wind to meet up with whatever part of the reticle you use as the "center" for POI.

For pistol shooters often times the "dot" won't even be on the POI anyway given shooting distance changes from the target vs sight in distance. Distances from 1 -10 yards have a ton of compensation to make up due to the height over bore issues.

OP
joken

joken

Reactions
My thinking is the triangle would be faster to aquire and yet still good out to 100 yards. Am I off base?

Reactions
My thinking is the triangle would be faster to aquire and yet still good out to 100 yards. Am I off base?
I don't think either shape is faster to aquire, the larger the moa the more of your target will be hidden by your reticle though. 7 moa is good for minute of man, but it will most likely be very difficult to hit small varmint sized targets at the 100yd range.

Reactions
POI at top of triangle. ...
Use for IPSC head shots....
Close and fast get the triangle on center mass and double tap.

Reactions
I used the tip of the triangle on my delta point pro as my aiming point. But like others have mentioned, that's adjustable and more of a preference.

The top of the triangle is where my eye naturally wants to go

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom