JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please advise.

I already own a stripped receiver, so I'm planning to spend $700 and buy a M4 rifle kit with the following features:

Barrel
- 16" M4
- 1x7 Twist
- Chrome Lined + $45
- 5.56mm

Lower Parts Kit
- River Rock Arms 2 stage trigger + $80

Handguards
- CAR Handguard with Heat Shield-Black

Gas Block
- Standard A2 Front Sight

Grip
- A2 Grip

Flash Hiders
- A2 Flash Hider

Charging handles
- Standard Charging Handle

Buttstock
- M4 Buttstock

Bolt and Carrier
- Standard Bolt and Carrier

Upper Receiver
- M4 Feed Ramps + $25

I'm thinking of going with Del-Ton because the total cost for the kit would be $635, ($659 with shipping). Though, I've never heard of this company before, so I'm cautious about buy from them. I chose these two brands because the were the least expensive. I would be open to go with at different brand if you guys think I will be making a mistake.

You might take a look at these also:

$400 for a complete armalite upper is a pretty good deal

<broken link removed>

These are getting some pretty good reviews as well and all you need is a BCG and charging handle which are pretty readily available these days.

<broken link removed>

Lower parts kits are also pretty easy to come by. Good Luck

I would build mine differently. If you want to save money go cheap on the lower and the extras. I'd spend my money on the upper assembly and the bolt. Those are the most important parts when it comes to reliability and accuracy. Then you can upgrade all the extras later (grips, stocks, optics) but you'll have a good quality AR to build with.

I'd get a Bravo company upper - $425 (on sale now)
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Upper-Receiver-Groups-with-Standard-Barrels-s/126.htm

Get a Bolt Carrier Group for - $140
<broken link removed>

Lower parts kit - $55 (last show price)
Charging handle cheap used $10-$20
Fore grip cheap used $10-20
Stock and buffer tube used $40

That puts you right at $700, and you'll have a MUCH better quality firearm than an Oly or Del-Ton.

OR

If you want to go as cheaply as possible, pick up one of the DSA uppers instead of the BCM

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=712401

$275 - best deal around at that price.
If you're not planning on putting 1000 rounds through it during a training course, and will likely only going to be playing at the range 100rds or so a month, this is a good option.

But personally, I spent the extra money to get the BCM.

Last Edited:
Someone recently posted that he ordered all of the parts from Del Ton to build the complete gun for less than $600. He ordered right off their web site, I believe.

I have a Del Ton. 1500 rounds of M193 without a hiccup. I'm impressed. Mine has the chrome lined barrel, but the chrome moly barrel is the same price IIRC.

You can buy a complete new Del Ton (factory assembled) from Coctailer on here for $750 including mags and other extras like the tool wrench.

The price of AR's seems to me to be simply coming back to earth.

$.02

I have the DSA nitride upper and it is perfect.finish,craftsmanship etc.is perfect.It's the wait time that is nerve racking.But with any of the vendors the turn around time will come in anywhere from 1 -6 months.mine took about 1 month.

I've had a couple of Olympic Arms kits and I can highly recommend them. Very accurate and reliable. Don't let the low price fool you - Low price doesn't always mean low quality.

I would probably go Del-ton over Oly if those were my two choices. I'd call them first to make sure they have it in stock. I had an upper on order from them for about 4 months and then I found a RRA for $25 more and had it in 3 days. Canceling the order was really easy, I just called them up and they said no problem.

Good Luck

Give Olympic a call, or browse their site...IMO they have the best product out there, and make all their parts in house, in fact they have made parts for a lot of the other names mentioned

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews