JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Go out of Estacada south and find a spot in the woods.
just be careful there's Some sketchy people in the woods.
the terrain can be pretty adventurous so be in shape and always take some emergency supplies.
Most people will not give you their "spots"
Usually the hunting areas are crowded enough.
best hunting is just a little bit farther than others are willing to hike.

Good start would be to get yourself a couple game cams. Don't need to be the best 1's, but something that will record movement and somewhat of a camo appearance. From my experience, mine have been left alone so far. But, I haven't recorder other humans yet. 50$ lost will just make me more creative, thats all..
Lots of people will walk aimlessly in the woods "looking" for deer. Trust me this doesn't work. Find a decent, well used deer trail up in the woods and focus on those. Free Hint1... Try to not walk on trails that are in thick timber as they most likely will smell you that night and most likely start taking other trails...remember, these are blacktails we're talking about. Think spur road trail crossings, trail crossing a road that leads to water, etc etc.. give the cams a 4-5 day soak and see what ya got.. once your on em, watch out... buck fever only gets worse
You do your homework early, put in the time and figure out the pattern those deer are moving in, I'll guarantee you it will be the most rewarding experience you'll ever have if it all works out in the end...

Last Edited:
You are in a good spot to start, I would try to hunt as close to home as I could, I've hunted property in boring and Damascus, I'm in sandy and see more deer local then I do up in the woods.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews