JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
HELP! I am a Minnesota Transplant need somewhere to hunt. Public or Private Land! Also have 14 yo son. Hunters Safety Grad and I have been hunting/Fishing for nearly 25 years.... just need somewhere close to deer hunt/elk hunt????? Drew no tags this year!

Jason & Connor

Okay, so we went out to the Trask. Just to clarify, WE ARE NOT "those kind of hunters" we do not leave so much as a shell casing behind! I have never seen so much crap left by people... We don't smoke (leave butts behind), we do not drink while hunting or leave any cans or trash behind nor have we ever, we do not leave closed gates open nor close open gates, we don't go "four wheelin'" or "mudding" while hunting. We are not "road hunters" who drive around all day. I was actually embarrassed by the amount of trash! I threw alot of shot up junk in my truck but I'd need a trailer too!

If people think we are "those kind of hunters" no wonder we get lots of lookie lou's at my post but rarely a comment!

Last Edited:
you have to put into consideration that maybe your post gets alot of views and no replies could be the fact that people look at the post to see if anyone gave away any good spots (as did i). on another note not too many people are willing to give up that info so that is the likely reason for the lack of replies.
dont have to get so defensive.. :s0155:

most people have done there work finding there (sweet spots) and they expect others to do the same..

Thanks for the help. I found a few spaces and got several people who will let me hunt "their" land. I am still disgusted by the people who are leaving their trash behind. It seems in Oregon this is a normal part of the outdoors.... Weird.

deer cam.jpg I think my little amount of scouting is payin off.... deer cam. Who is Tom McCall anyway?

deer cam.jpg

McCall's two terms as Oregon's governor were notable for many achievements in the environmental sphere, including the country's first "bottle bill", the cleanup of the Willamette River, passage of a law to maintain former Gov. Oswald West's legacy of public ownership of the state's beaches, and the first statewide land-use planning system, which introduced the urban growth boundary around the state's cities. These achievements have done much to create McCall's enormous legacy in the state.

McCall is well known for a comment he made in a Jan. 12, 1971, interview with CBS News' Terry Drinkwater, in which he said:
"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top