JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Check out ShotShow top pistol…. Out of top 5….Rated by TFBTV… I'll post a pic when Im able to pick up in next week or so. Already considering custom laser engraving ideas. Thinking about $&@&/" CANNON… yeah? In 10mm of course.

I went in to Sportsman's about a month ago and bought a fishing license. I did walk back to the gun counter and I was asked "Can I show you anything?"
I replied "Just looking today", a slight pause, then "Do me a favor, act like you are interested in the M&P 10 MM here." So I said " I would love to see the M&P 10 MM right there!" My new friend pulled it out and showed me some of the features, let me handle it. Then he put it away.
Nice sales ploy, if that was his intent. Have not stopped thinking about it since. Never saw it coming. Pretty good value for $600

Last Edited:
I went in to Sportsman's about a month ago and bought a fishing license. I did walk back to the gun counter and I was asked "Can I show you anything?"
I replied "Just looking today", a slight pause, then "Do me a favor, act like you are interested in the M&P 10 MM here." So I said " I would love to see the M&P 10 MM right there!" My new friend pulled it out and showed me some of the features, let me handle it. Then he put it away.
Nice sales ploy, if that was his intend. Have not stopped thinking about it since. Never saw it coming. Pretty good value for $600
They have a Springfield XDM-Elite full-size that's $650 in 10mm in dark OD green with a match barrel and META Trigger by default instead of getting them separate. Plus the green I think looks nicer I think.

I have a few:
S&W Model 1006, a very sweet shooter
S&W 1076, also sweet, the decocker and shorter barrel are nice
Springfield TRP, IMHO, the best 1911 10MM variant
S&W M&P 2.0, 4inch in 10MM, a great shooter, and a great daily driver

Factors to consider

Magazine cost and availability, are replacement base pads available or metal base pads in the aftermarket (metal are better) plastic base pads to not, historically stand the test of time. All of my 1006 plastic base pads failed over time, were replaced with aluminum base pads. Mags are no longer available.

Recoil springs, stock recoil springs are notoriously "soft", for example. The new M&P 10MM has a 15lb recoil spring, that's fine if you are using .40 S&W loaded 10MM, if you step that up to SAAMI spec loaded 10MM you should seriously look at a Beef Master Recoil Spring, my new 22lb spring takes all the best of breed 10MM, think Underwood and Black Hills...

If you are looking for a Shoulder Fired Companion, there are a few that have also stood the test of time:

Atlantic Firearms, GUIDEON, UMP Clone in 10MM< they are not manufactured any longer, but if you can find one, you will not regret it
10MM MP5, if you can find one, snap it up
CMMG Banshee in 10MM, a great weapon, you'll need to stock replacement parts, no telling how long CMMG will continue to produce it.

Tommy Built may still build them as a one off, give them a call https://tommybuilttactical.com/

Just be cool.

1706480968618.png

Aloha, Mark

That's an odd comment. By default your suggesting that they won't continue to make it.
Why would you say that?
Eventually they will stop and since they have proprietary parts, it'll be the end of the road once the supply line gets cut off. Maybe 5, 10 or 20 years from now but it'll happen.

The only guns I can think of that are pretty darn old and still have readily available parts from anywhere are the 1911 and AR-15. Everything else is temporary.

Eventually they will stop and since they have proprietary parts, it'll be the end of the road once the supply line gets cut off. Maybe 5, 10 or 20 years from now but it'll happen.

The only guns I can think of that are pretty darn old and still have readily available parts from anywhere are the 1911 and AR-15. Everything else is temporary.
Don't need to stock spare parts for your Hi-Points though. They're the Yugo's and Fiat's of the pistol industry, so are disposable and won't be around for long.

I have a few:
S&W Model 1006, a very sweet shooter
I remember when these were new. I always thought those metal S&W double action autos seemed like a good, reliable handgun. I handled a few, but never latched onto one. They were pretty popular with our city's police force.

Don't need to stock spare parts for your Hi-Points though. They're the Yugo's and Fiat's of the pistol industry, so are disposable and won't be around for long.
I've bought a number of parts for those that I've swapped out to make it to my liking. Even have one that's been running beautifully for 15 years now.

They are an AR based platform. Not sure what parts that your thinking would break.
Didn't people have the same far with Glocks?

They are an AR based platform. Not sure what parts that your thinking would break.
Sorta. Blowback, with AR kinda ergos and shares some similar parts.

CMMG isn't known for being the creme de 'la creme in manufacturing. Things will break, they have a short attention span and I wouldn't rely on them long-term.

The entire BCG and barrel are proprietary. They don't have to break, just wear out. And all moving parts wear out, especially extractors

Glock has been making a 10mm for longer than most people who are now interested in 10mm have been aware of 10mm.

That doesn't mean that Glock is the only choice, plenty of reputable manufacturers are now making a 10mm pistol, but they are relatively new. These manufacturers aren't new at gun manufacturing though, so it should be safe to assume they will work fine… one would hope.

I really appreciate how boring Glocks are. You put ammo in them, they fire. That's been my experience. They aren't the prettiest, or the most comfortable to hold, but neither of those are my highest priority for why I carry a gun.

Opinions vary.

When full power 10mm loads come into question then you have to think about the barrel and whether the barrel supports that load.

I remember when these were new. I always thought those metal S&W double action autos seemed like a good, reliable handgun. I handled a few, but never latched onto one. They were pretty popular with our city's police force.
For a daily driver a sub 5in model makes alot of sense IMHO, I do love the 1006, but she's semi retired now, in favor of the M&P 2.0 4im 10MM

So, those that claim to stay away from CMMG ... do YOU actually own 1?
I do.
I've shot plenty with it. It's awesome.
How long does a business have to be around before you stop talking smack?

Your claims and fear are unfounded jiberish.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top