JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure about here Sabertooth, but back in MA, the brass of that agency are all anti-2a, anti-hunters. It's amazing how whacked out the hunting and trapping situation has gotten in MA once the antis took control of that agency.

So bears and coyotes and cougars have never predated on ranch animals or humans?
Yes they have but we have the freedom to hunt theses animals. While that may not make much of a dent in the population it is the perception they can be controlled (to some degree) if we so choose to. Wolves however have been forced on us, a hybrid variety that was not even indigenous to the NW, along with an oppressive, arrogant and overbearing manner of management that threatens harsh punishment if they are not treated with an almost god-like respect. I don't believe it is the wolves so much as the manner in which they're 'reintroduction' has been forced upon us.

It is in "civilized" man's nature to fear and subdue anything wild or out of their control.
Historically this is true but with wolves it is case of 'implied' fear. The fear being the assumption the wolves will eventually become uncontrollable and we will not be able to do anything about it, or if we do face unreasonable legal reprisal. Now if a bear or cougar were to threaten a person I doubt there would be many legalities to deal with if it had to be justifiability killed to protect human life but if it were a wolf I am sure the litigation would go on until the next presidential election. For whatever reason the wolf has been elevated to a level of importance almost incomprehensible for most people, except the few who were/are instrumental in their introduction.

Men (at least of European ancestry) have a fear of wolfs built into their DNA. It was the preditor that stalked our ancestors since the very earliest days. It is an irrational fear but also a primal one.
As far as the Starbucks metro getting killed by them, it's just an example of Darwanism. Too stupid to know that nature is dangerous. Nature gave wolfs speed, stealth, superior hearing and sense of smell, and gave us a big brain. We used that brain to create weapons. So carry one when you're in the wild.

You apply that title to anybody that disagrees with you..

No, I apply it to unreasoned, reactionary, irrational entities who defy common sense and seemingly purposely seek to weaken We the People. Wolves are a danger to livestock, pets and humans, and those who irrationally defend them being re-introduced into our living space are IMO domestic enemies

Let's kill them all. Kill anything and everything that stands in the way of progress and the almighty dollar. There's absolutely no reason why we should respect nature, it is here for us to use and abuse in any way we see fit.

While we are at it, why don't we exterminate sharks? They have invaded our ocean swimming holes, not to mention that they eat our fish. The fish are ours, and ours alone. No other creature on earth has any right to what we deem as ours.

How about Bears and Mountain Lions? They pose a threat to our livestock, not to mention the wild game we enjoy hunting for sport. And if we get in their way, they are a threat to us as well. We won't talk about the attacks against humans that occur in the wild. That belongs to us too. Kill them all.

If it stands in the way of what we want or, in our arrogance believe is rightfully ours, kill it. It's the American way.

why all the animosity towards wolves? They do what they do, as a superior species shouldn't we be able to outsmart them? Oh yeah, killing them is easier.

Trying to examine why there is such an uncontrolled hatred leads to a few questions regarding attitudes,

maybe because the wolf has been demonized for thousands of years through legend and mythology. (early in life we are taught that that Little Red had a narrow escape)

maybe because we are jealous of their hunting skills. (maybe it's how early humans learned to hunt in packs)

maybe because those who raise livestock are to stupid to change their habits.

how many confirmed human deaths as a result of wolf attacks? Not many, but maybe it's natural selection at work.

I respect the wolf, don't fear him.Whatever the reasons for fearing and hating wolves. Rationally I can't get behind killing them all.

(BTW the "Wolf food, come and get it" lamb scented t shirts will be on sale later this year. Until then I recomend pocket size lamb chops)

For perspective, I grew up in Oregon on a sheep farm before the introduction of wolves. Our family raised Suffolks for wool.

We lost many lambs to coyotes. This was a headache, but ultimately it was part of the overhead for living in a wild area. The same coyotes also killed fawns, voles, and racoons, which helped our gardens and pastures.

Remember the wolves and coyotes were here in North America before us. The old ranchers I know say it is their land, too.

I dislike the Endangered Species Act and look forward to hunting wolves. But avoid translating that dislike into hatred for a beautiful wild animal.

I don't hate wolves, that is your stinky fantasy. They can live in parks like Yellowstone and in the wild Canadian but they do not belong in settled areas.. just becaause your family wanted to lose livelihood to 'yotes and wolves does not mean other people are as stupid

Wild indians lived here too, murdering, raping and robbing settlers.. (as well as doing it to other tribes as a way of life for many thousands of years) I suppose we should have just tucked tail and run back to Europe? Or kept sending settlers in to be killed? Fortune and territory belong to those willing to take and hold them

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top