JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
City
Kirkland
State
Washington
Zip Code
I've had this can 3-4 years but haven't shot it very much. Less than 1000 rounds down the pipe all in all. Some wear around the edges from being mounted and moving around the safe but nothing horrible. I am trying to downsize my collection so not really interested in trading anything right now.

I will throw in a used keymo muzzle brake with the can as well

Last I heard, Pantel Tactical in Renton was doing private NFA transfers for something like $100. Best I can tell, that means this works out to $100 less than a new one transferred from Silencer Shop, plus the free e-brake and you save the tax.

01A92334-817E-416A-8D95-BCB647AC07D5.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
The new buyer will still have to do a form 4 and pay the $200 tax unfortunately.
That's not the tax the OP is referring to. In Washington the state and local municipalities can't charge sales tax on private weapons related transactions requiring and FFL xfer.

Correct me if im wrong; but as the seller of the nfa item, you could file the form 4 acting as a dealer for a private transfer. Thus eliminating the need to go through an ffl etc? So if I understand correctly, the seller gets all the necessary information from the potential buyer, file the form 4 and pay the necessary tax stamp "assuming the buyer would absorb the fee in addition of the item cost". Hold onto the nfa item till the approval notification or paper work is received, then hand over the nfa item once its all said and done?

Screenshot_20220628-231445_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm not 100% sure on the legality of that, my understanding is that a licensed dealer typically has to hold onto the suppressor while the form 4 is being filled. Anyway I don't really plan to be in Washington in a few months with the new mag ban in place so I'd want to have it held at a dealer regardless

Private party to private party in the same state the seller has to maintain possession until the paperwork clears and it is entirely a federal transfer to my knowledge - but it's been a while since I did a transfer like that in WA specifically. Because it is an NFA item, an FFL/SOT cannot simply enter it into their books like they do with a non-NFA firearm, but rather have to bring it in under a Form 4 unless it is coming from another FFL/SOT

If you are indeed leaving the state, then you do have to transfer it to a dealer (on a form 4) and then the dealer can transfer to a buyer (on another form 4)…but the tax stamp gets paid twice and the wait happens twice. And you really shouldn't initiate the process of transferring to a dealer until after you've relocated and taken care of any necessary documentation updating the addresses on file for those items, because you'll be sitting on it until the paperwork clears to be able to turn it over to the FFL.

I would recommend contacting a knowledgeable NFA dealing FFL/SOT to get a straight answer on exactly what the process looks like and how your proposed relocation (and the timing of that) may affect that process…

Unfortunately, there's nothing quick about moving NFA items around - buying or selling…

Private party to private party in the same state the seller has to maintain possession until the paperwork clears and it is entirely a federal transfer to my knowledge - but it's been a while since I did a transfer like that in WA specifically. Because it is an NFA item, an FFL/SOT cannot simply enter it into their books like they do with a non-NFA firearm, but rather have to bring it in under a Form 4 unless it is coming from another FFL/SOT

If you are indeed leaving the state, then you do have to transfer it to a dealer (on a form 4) and then the dealer can transfer to a buyer (on another form 4)…but the tax stamp gets paid twice and the wait happens twice. And you really shouldn't initiate the process of transferring to a dealer until after you've relocated and taken care of any necessary documentation updating the addresses on file for those items, because you'll be sitting on it until the paperwork clears to be able to turn it over to the FFL.

I would recommend contacting a knowledgeable NFA dealing FFL/SOT to get a straight answer on exactly what the process looks like and how your proposed relocation (and the timing of that) may affect that process…

Unfortunately, there's nothing quick about moving NFA items around - buying or selling…
My understanding is if its going to a dealer that's a form 3 a tax exempt transfer so the dealer does not have to pay the $200 stamp. I could be wrong as I have never done anything like that before.

Yeah my understanding is that it takes a form 4 to dealer, and a form 4 to buyer. $400 in tax stamps and two years of waiting (prior to e form). This is why there is basically no secondary market for suppressors, only fun guns.

Are you moving to an NFA friendly state? If so, update the new address with the BATFE & sell on a form 4 to an individual in that state.

The old adage was "into or out of a dealers inventory requires a $200 transfer". By selling to an individual you (someone) has to pony up the $200.

But Rainman_PNW's suggestion of contacting an established NFA dealer for guidance is great advice.

BTW- What caliber is the suppressor & are you moving to Oregon? Asking for a friend 😉

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.