JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
At this point, it's fairly safe to assume that most actors are anti-gun, anti-religion, anti-conservative, and just full on hypocrites. If not, they run the risk of losing work. The ones that manage to hold pro-gun, pro-religion, pro-conservative stances have reported the type of negative treatment they get from their Hollywood counterparts, studios, advertisers, etc. You either tow the party line (the Hollywood Party), or your life will be much more difficult.

Bonus points if you can sit in front of a camera with a white background, while scowling and looking upset and angry, demanding we 'do something' about whatever the latest social media storm is fired up about. These folks know how to jump on the bandwagon, when it fits the Hollywood motive.

There are some good ones in Hollywood, but they are in the minority. What is good if you're a badass like Clint Eastwood who has the money and influence to do his own projects. We need more like him.

Last Edited:
It's entertainment.

Actors act; they portray a character in a story, not who they really are.

I don't listen to or care about an actor's views on politics/etc. just because they do a good job acting, any more than I would care about the views of the checkout lady at the grocery store or my dentist or the guy who changes the oil in my car.

They are just doing a job and they are entitled to their opinion.

The public in general places way too much importance on the views of actors, sports stars, musicians, etc. and too little on the people they should be listening to and discussing; philosophers, authors, teachers - people who have some intelligence and wisdom.

Spend the money you would use to go see a James Bond movie on a good book about economics or philosophy or something that will improve your mind instead of deadening it.

It's entertainment.

Actors act; they portray a character in a story, not who they really are.

I don't listen to or care about an actor's views on politics/etc. just because they do a good job acting, any more than I would care about the views of the checkout lady at the grocery store or my dentist or the guy who changes the oil in my car.

They are just doing a job and they are entitled to their opinion.

The public in general places way too much importance on the views of actors, sports stars, musicians, etc. and too little on the people they should be listening to and discussing; philosophers, authors, teachers - people who have some intelligence and wisdom.

Spend the money you would use to go see a James Bond movie on a good book about economics or philosophy or something that will improve your mind instead of deadening it.
Or buy more ammo.

At this point, it's fairly safe to assume that most actors are anti-gun, anti-religion, anti-conservative, full on hypocrites. If not, they run the risk of losing work. The ones that manage to hold pro-gun, pro-religion, pro-conservative stances have reported the type of negative treatment they get from their Hollywood counterparts, studios, advertisers, etc. You either tow the party line (the Hollywood Party), or your life will be much more difficult.

Bonus points if you can sit in front of a camera with a white background, while scowling and looking upset and angry, demanding we 'do something' about whatever the latest social media storm is fired up about. These folks know how to jump on the bandwagon, when it fits the Hollywood motive.

There are some good ones in Hollywood, but they are in the minority. What is good if you're a badass like Clint Eastwood who has the money and influence to do his own projects. We need more like him.
It will indeed be a sad day when Mr.Eastwood is gone.
Dirty Harry came out when there was absolutely no violence on TV.
It was so awesome to see dirt bags getting blown away. And in San Fran sicko too.

I'm not so sure about most teachers today, they seem to be pushing the same agenda as this actor.

Ray

I'm not so sure about most teachers today, they seem to be pushing the same agenda as this actor.

Ray
You miss the point.

It isn't about whether the person agrees with your views or not, or their agenda jives with yours or not, these are generally categories of people who are trying to improve the world, and who are not doing it for fame or money.

You miss the point.

It isn't about whether the person agrees with your views or not, or their agenda jives with yours or not, these are generally categories of people who are trying to improve the world, and who are not doing it for fame or money.

I do get you, really I do. I was just pointing out one of the flaws of the education system today.

I believe that all teachers started out wanting to educate the future generations, thus making the world a better place, but somewhere along the line, many lost that love of watching their students get it and actullay learn the processes for critical thinking and making their own opinions about life. Now many teachers (I'm not saying all) just want to push their ideas and views on the students instead of letting the students make up their own minds of what is the right or wrong way to believe, live, vote, worship, ........

Ray

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads