JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Odd how the last few years we've gotten away from worrying about a domestic terrorist attack on this day.

I remember for several years making sure I had a full tank of gas and extra firearms and ammo handy in case there was another attack.

This year, I didn't even notice the day was approaching until about an hour ago. Sad.

never-forget-911-jpg.jpg

Odd how the last few years we've gotten away from worrying about a domestic terrorist attack on this day.

I remember for several years making sure I had a full tank of gas and extra firearms and ammo handy in case there was another attack.

This year, I didn't even notice the day was approaching until about an hour ago. Sad.

View attachment 748095
Despite Never Forget, I almost forgot too. Thanks for reminder.

Nineteen years ago today, an older couple just ten houses down the street from us watched their son die when the North tower fell.

On this day... 19 years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning tomorrow. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

Never forget.

Nineteen years ago, on this day, America was attacked. While taken by surprise, Americans reacted and defended themselves, and others.

The first effective action taken in defense of America, and Americans, was not taken by the government, the military, the police, or any official agency. It was taken by ordinary Americans, caught up in the attack, who on their own determined what was happening, decided that they had to do something, organized themselves, and took action. They took that action knowing that their chance of survival was vanishingly small, but still attacked the hijackers of Flight 93 and prevented them from using the plane to crash into the US Capitol building. Everyone onboard died, but no on on the ground was killed or injured, and the center of US government was unscathed.

Take a moment today to honor them.

Most College Age students are too young to have memories of their own of these events.

"So many names, there is barely room on the walls of the heart." - Billy Collins

*The final line from the poem, "The Names,"
US poet laureate Billy Collins' ode to the victims of the 9/11 attack

Last Edited:
Nineteen years ago today, an older couple just ten houses down the street from us watched their son die when the North tower fell.

On this day... 19 years ago 246 people went to sleep in preparation for their morning flights. 2,606 people went to sleep in preparation for work in the morning tomorrow. 343 firefighters went to sleep in preparation for their morning shift. 60 police officers went to sleep in preparation for morning patrol. 8 paramedics went to sleep in preparation for the morning shift of saving lives. None of them saw past 10:00am Sept 11, 2001. In one single moment life may never be the same. As you live and enjoy the breaths you take today and tonight before you go to sleep in preparation for your life tomorrow, kiss the ones you love, snuggle a little tighter, and never take one second of your life for granted.

Never forget.
Quite the post, tac. I am alone at work, but if someone walks in, I will have to say the smoke is making my eyes water.

As I commute home in a bit, hwy 30 along the Columbia river, I will pass through the town of Scappoose. The fire station hangs one of those gigantic Stars and Stripes from their ladder truck, and I look forward to seeing it every year. Wondering if it will be there today...

Those guys that walked up those stairs carrying near 100lbs of gear had to realize their chances were slim. They are, and always will be genuine hero's. I often think, "Could I have done that?". I still don't know.

But you DID remember
They tried not to remind you, through their purposeful neglect of what was.
But you WILL always remember, even as
they try to break us apart....
.... they will fail.

-no more glossy unending corporate ads reminding us to "never forget"
-no more NFL pre-game honor guards, or half time moments of silence, together
-no more A-listers remembering together with us,
-no school, so no kids are reminded and taught, together
-no parades... many are made too afraid to hold them, together
-fewer flags on porches.... many made too intimidated to fly them, for all to see.

Together we won't forget,
they will never make us to forget.
Real America remembers, together.
:s0160:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA