JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Dan Wesson, that is.
Guns 001.jpg

Who makes a good IWB holster that is gentle on the guns finish? I want to keep my new investment looking nice for a long time.

Guns 001.jpg

I have a Galco IWB that I have been carrying my CBOB in for the last year. I believe it's a Summer Special 2. I like it a lot and would recommend one. I have a few scratches on the gun from my High Noon slider (with thumb break) but the Galco hasn't left a blemish.

To the ones that recommended the Milt Sparks, have you ever owned any other decent holsters for your 1911 and can make comments about what you like about the VM2 to rate it higher? I've heard good things about them but haven't had the opportunity to even see one, let alone try one.

On 1911's I've used the VM2 (carried my EMP in it), and a Galco Summer Comfort. I've used Blocker, Comptac, etc on other guns. There are a few companies making VM2 copies, but most of the good ones have creeped up in price to the same price range and wait time! Allan Yost (I think that's his name, google will find him) usually has a decent inventory of MS holsters. I actually need to order one as well for mine and sell off my other EMP holster.

ETA: I have not carried my 1911 in leather comparable to the MS, but never had desire to. Search any 1911 forum and the VM2 will come up ~90% of the time as the recomended go to leather. And if you don't like it you probably won't lose much $$ selling since they're soo sought after.

I really like the Summer Comfort for the $$. been carrying my CCO in it actually since it's the only commander holster I have around. It's a nice comfortable holster but I feel the VM2 will add a little bit of stability for me. But I have no problems with it at all currently. Once I have a VM2 in the right size again I can probably give a better impression.

I really like the Summer Comfort for the $$. been carrying my CCO in it actually since it's the only commander holster I have around. It's a nice comfortable holster but I feel the VM2 will add a little bit of stability for me. But I have no problems with it at all currently. Once I have a VM2 in the right size again I can probably give a better impression.

I'd like to hear your thoughts when you take that plunge! Thanks.

Orygun, I have a Summer Special made by Sparks. And while I like it a lot, it just doesn't distribute the weight of a full size steel 1911 as well as the Vesa Max 2. I believe it is the spacing of the loops..6" center to center VM2 compared to 1 1/2" for my Summer Special, and of course the VM is much wider. Just like handguns though, no one type or brand fits all. :)

I just got home from the range and from picking up a holster. I am very happy with the performance of the gun so far. The holster I bought is a Galco Summer Comfort. It seems to be a nice holster, but time will tell. Here is my second target fired from 50 feet. 230gr PMC Bronze FMJ.

Range 010.jpg

No malfunctions of any kind from the gun. It handles nicely and the trigger is nice and smooth.

Range 010.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads