JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok I have a CZ Scropian fetish, I now have 6. First 4 are the norm standard pistols. One in each color, Black, FDE, Gray and OD Green. #5 is black and on form 1 for SBR, with a full HB Kit. #6 I just bought from a forum member a Carbine with the faux suppressor.

Bought this to add to the collection as I did not have a carbine. The faux suppressor is meh. looks the part but is not the real deal. Thinking in the long run form 1'ing it so I can put a real suppressor on it. It came with all the aftermarket mods on it, custom grip, AK safety and the flashlight set up.

BUT discovered the faux suppressor is threaded onto the end END of the barrel with real 1/2 x 28 threads. WIN! Pop on the SIG SRD9 + mag full of custom loaded 165grn FMJ's and she is purring like a kitten at the range today. Ya 16" + a full-size suppressor makes for a long package but she shot a tight group. Best yet quite with definitive but intensive "clicks" ending with a thud down range with the flawless operation, including holding the bolt open when ready for the next mag. Also with the SIG SRD9, it almost perfectly balances the package at the grip.

So lesson learned, CZ Faux suppressors are really fancy thread protectors for 1/2 28 threads on the proper end of the barrel. #WIN

IMG_0436.jpg
IMG_0437.jpg

I am quite interested in a Scorpion carbine, so nice to see your results.

Apart from the Form 1, how hard would it be to shorten the barrel so that it just cleared the hand guard?

I am quite interested in a Scorpion carbine, so nice to see your results.

Apart from the Form 1, how hard would it be to shorten the barrel so that it just cleared the hand guard?

Very easy. If one was doing a CZ Scorpion with plans of it going Form 1, I would indeed start with the carbine. This way you get the not always available OEM folding stock. ($150 ish ala-cart). Once you got your Form 1, you could have the barrel cut down and threaded but there are a number of aftermarket barrels out there. Can

For me, I converted an existing pistol to the SBR and used a HBI K-kit for tiny package. But had to buy the folding stock, making that build not all that budget based. But in the end, it's my favorite to shoot and spends more time at the range than any other as it feeds anything.
CZ Scorpion 5.3″ Micro/K Conversion Kit – HB Industries

The nice thing with the K-kits is they put used OEM pistol barrels on the market. These will have the receiver milled and staked to them to be a drop in ready. (The Scorp barrels have to have small notch milled once they are installed in the receiver. This notch clears the ejector when in battery. Since they have to stay in this position CZ stakes the barrel to the receiver in two or three spots.)

The CZ Scorpians are a ton of fun to shoot, easy to maintain, easy to suppress and low cost compared to other similar 9mm. Heck even the mags are decent prices. When I got my SIG MPX those gen2 mags were $90 each. Two years ago CZ did a sale and had 30rd mags for $14 each. I bought 10, now wishing I bought 20!

Pistol version is fun too and you can get good stability with a sling pushing forward. Stock they come with a QD on the but plate of the pistol. This particular pistol went form 1 for a SBR. Teenage son doing his part to empty dads 9mm supply with it :

IMG_1363.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA