JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$800
Manufacturer
CZ
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
The 455 Precision Trainer was designed to provide the same look and feel as a full-size tactical rifle while allowing for more economical training. Using a Manners Composite T4 stock to provide a rock-solid platform, the Precision Trainer wears a new camouflage paint scheme this year. The stock itself has multiple layers of carbon fiber and fiberglass hand-laid in high temperature epoxy resins, then placed in a vacuum and heat-cured to create the perfect resin-to-fabric ratio. Combined with the 455's .866" cylindrical heavy barrel, that makes the Precision Trainer a surgical paper-puncher. Barrel length is 20.5", non-threaded.

I intended to use this rifle for NRL22, never happened. What I used it for was 50 yard benchrest matches in the sporter division and long rang matches (up to 200 meters). Rifle shoots very well with good ammo. I won a few sporter division benchrest matches (my sporter class was front bipod and rear bag only) and in general was top three in my club in that division. Best score in benchrest was a 237 x4 with this rifle shooting Lapua Center X. Manners stock is very nice and extremely stable. Substantial rifle with the feel of a centerfire.

Upgrades and includes:
  • Upgraded bottom metal. Machined metal trigger guard.
  • DIP Extended Picatinny Rail with 25 MOA.
  • DIP Metal Magazine Well.
  • DIP Metal Extended Magazine release.
  • DIP firing pin spring.
  • Three metal magazine bottom plates.
  • Three Magazines: Single shot sled, 5 round with metal bottom plate, 10 round with metal bottom plate.
  • DIP Metal Trigger Shoe, not installed.
  • YO-Dave trigger kit. Shims and springs. Currently with blue shim and lightest spring. The other shims would be only for benchrest.
  • Bore Guide.
  • Kit for adding beefy pillars to rifle with new action screws and epoxy. Stock comes with an OEM front metal pillar. Did not have the courage to pillar and bed.
  • Harris "style" bipod. Works great on the 22LR. Don't put it on a 50 BMG.
  • Original swivel studs.
  • Original Bottom Metal.
  • Other miscellaneous original items.
IMG_1867.jpg IMG_1868.jpg IMG_1871.jpg IMG_1872.jpg IMG_1873.jpg IMG_1875.jpg IMG_1876.jpg IMG_1878.jpg IMG_1879.jpg IMG_8933.JPG

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have a shot of groups, but I do have a photo of a target from a 50 yard benchrest match last year. This represents the type of shots the rifle makes with good ammo. This rifle shoots well in the 230-237 range, that being good matches. I doubt you could break 240 with it unless you re-barreled or got lucky. So the 232 represents a better match and usually close or just under the sportster class high.

57163335581__CBBA2C23-27D4-40D9-9ABE-78D30E5BEA2E (1).JPG

I have the same rifle with a 24" barrel. Many of the same DIP upgrades. A Leupold 6x20 EFR with a fine crosshair.

The interesting thing is that my CZ 452 Sporter shoots well out to 200 also GLWS.

The 455 Precision Trainer was designed to provide the same look and feel as a full-size tactical rifle while allowing for more economical training. Using a Manners Composite T4 stock to provide a rock-solid platform, the Precision Trainer wears a new camouflage paint scheme this year. The stock itself has multiple layers of carbon fiber and fiberglass hand-laid in high temperature epoxy resins, then placed in a vacuum and heat-cured to create the perfect resin-to-fabric ratio. Combined with the 455's .866" cylindrical heavy barrel, that makes the Precision Trainer a surgical paper-puncher. Barrel length is 20.5", non-threaded.

I intended to use this rifle for NRL22, never happened. What I used it for was 50 yard benchrest matches in the sporter division and long rang matches (up to 200 meters). Rifle shoots very well with good ammo. I won a few sporter division benchrest matches (my sporter class was front bipod and rear bag only) and in general was top three in my club in that division. Best score in benchrest was a 237 x4 with this rifle shooting Lapua Center X. Manners stock is very nice and extremely stable. Substantial rifle with the feel of a centerfire.

Upgrades and includes:
  • Upgraded bottom metal. Machined metal trigger guard.
  • DIP Extended Picatinny Rail with 25 MOA.
  • DIP Metal Magazine Well.
  • DIP Metal Extended Magazine release.
  • DIP firing pin spring.
  • Three metal magazine bottom plates.
  • Three Magazines: Single shot sled, 5 round with metal bottom plate, 10 round with metal bottom plate.
  • DIP Metal Trigger Shoe, not installed.
  • YO-Dave trigger kit. Shims and springs. Currently with blue shim and lightest spring. The other shims would be only for benchrest.
  • Bore Guide.
  • Kit for adding beefy pillars to rifle with new action screws and epoxy. Stock comes with an OEM front metal pillar. Did not have the courage to pillar and bed.
  • Harris "style" bipod. Works great on the 22LR. Don't put it on a 50 BMG.
  • Original swivel studs.
  • Original Bottom Metal.
  • Other miscellaneous original items.
View attachment 662195View attachment 662196View attachment 662197View attachment 662198View attachment 662199View attachment 662200View attachment 662201View attachment 662202View attachment 662203View attachment 662237
Hi!
I don't see a 'sold' note anywhere…is it still available for sale?
If so, please let me know…
Thanks!
Tom K.

Last Edited:
Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.