JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those that have the new Tikka T1x, do you see any discernible improvement over the CZ 455? Reason I ask, is that I recently picked up a CZ, and before I go furterndown the rabbit hole of building it, I was curious on input. In all likelihood, I will likely not change the barrel on it to a another caliber. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

So far I have a Boyd's stock, Area 419 30moa rail, Anarchy bolt handle and Anarchy dragon scale bolt knob on the rifle.

IMG_5404.JPG

If you get the right model, imo, Tikka's are pretty much perfect minus a scope out of the box.

3 holes overlapping with factory match ammo at 300 yards has me convinced and I've seen that from multiple shooters and Tikka's.

I've owned several CZ guns and several Tikkas. The fit and finish on the Tikkas are better in my opinion, and the smoothness of the action is second to none. My only real dislike on the CZ's is the steel magazine. It feels cheap. Surely they could have done better.

My T1X in 17HMR shoots 1/2" at 100 yards consistently. Picking up my T1x in 22LR tomorrow, hopefully!
I have 4 other Tikka T3's also. All are half MOA capable. Best production rifle available these days IMHO.

Didn't know this was coming out but I've been trying to decide on a 22lr bolt gun for a while. Perhaps a T1x grey laminate stainless. Mmmm... Sounds sexy. I'd prefer iron sights as an option, but I guess I could go scope only.

Interested to here what the reviews are like.

I have a CZ455 American Combo 22LR/17HMR. It is super accurate and is a well made gun. I dont care for the trigger guard, so I'll replace that. Other than that, sweet gun.

I went with @Kruel J to look at a T1x the other day. We are both Tikka fans and we were both very underwhelmed.

And then some. I'd buy the 455 varmint over the Tikka.

I'd say six of one and half dozen of the other. What do they have in common? Off the rack quality/accuracy, and not made in America. For a young man building an arsenal, it's not Winchester and Remington anymore. One plus for CZ is the set trigger for rat shooting.

I have a CZ455 American Combo 22LR/17HMR. It is super accurate and is a well made gun. I dont care for the trigger guard, so I'll replace that. Other than that, sweet gun.

I went with @Kruel J to look at a T1x the other day. We are both Tikka fans and we were both very underwhelmed.

And then some. I'd buy the 455 varmint over the Tikka.

Good to know.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top