JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They've migrated to Oregon City.

I've got the green light and attempting a left turn. There are walkers with ski poles in the crossing, finishing their crossing while their light has turned to wait. I allow them to get completely across, while the other joggers and walkers are waiting at the curb for their next walk light. I creep thru the intersection while a herd of soccer moms dashes off the curb in front of me, pointing at the wait light and yelling, can't you read?

I hoped they could read my lips. And if they couldn't, I'm sure they heard me. But I was the crazy old man in the pickup.:rolleyes: What's his problem? :s0137:

WAYNO.

"Health" walkers aren't smart enough to understand the threat to their "health" that a couple of tons moving at even a paltry 30 ft/sec represents.
Regardless of what the sign says.

You should try driving in downtown PDX.... 90% of the mesmerized morons walk around looking down at their bubblegumming smartphones... some idiot will be standing there catatonic reading their screen after the light gives them "the go" and you think they're not going to cross ATM so you start to turn, THEN they randomly step off the curb (looking all shocked and surprised no less) and you gotta hit the brakes... happens all the time.

If I weren't usually in a commercially marked company rig they'd be learning some profane sign language! :mad:

Can't "Like" any of that! ^^^......I've come to realize that walkers and joggers can be just as stupid and inconsiderate, IF NOT WORSE, that bicycle riders. I can have a sidewalk littered with hedge trimmings and marked with a cone (I keep them cleaned up as fast as I can), and joggers can't be bothered to slow down and walk through. OR, squeezing past me while I'm behind the mower, edger, string trimming, scaring hell out of me.

When one of these inconsiderate morons gets whacked by a car? All we hear is how tragic it is and how drivers "Need to watch out for bikes and pedestrians!"

Just wondering when the cops are going to start doing a ticket program like they do with autos not stopping when required. they should have a plainclothes cop waiting at crosswalks and give out tickets to walkers that cross when the traffic sign says stop.

They did a Jay-Walker sting in PDX some time back... it was getting pretty stupid, people dodging out from between parked cars in a high-density area. :rolleyes:

I don't flippin' CARE if someone wants to look, get across the road quickly, and be done with it! Most pedestrians just stroll like they don't have a care in the world while traffic is backed up waiting to turn right. As car drivers were supposed to be courteous and aware of pedestrians, and I'm happy to oblige, but this crap of people taking their sweet time getting across the street is plain rude.

I don't flippin' CARE if someone wants to look, get across the road quickly, and be done with it! Most pedestrians just stroll like they don't have a care in the world while traffic is backed up waiting to turn right. As car drivers were supposed to be courteous and aware of pedestrians, and I'm happy to oblige, but this crap of people taking their sweet time getting across the street is plain rude.

EXPEDIDITE aka move your donkey pronto. .......

....... and to add to that, bring me your moms and gramma so I can slap them as they obviously didnt teach you to look both ways before crossing the street.
I include granny 'cause she is the one that more than likely, broke the link in thraining to her daughter in regards to the crossing of streets and other such facts of life rwegarding doing the right thing.

.....and to add to that, bring me our moms and gramma so I can slap them as they obviously didnt teach you to look both ways before crossing the steet. And yes that means left and right not up and down.;)

This thread serves to remind me that all though I have lived in the west metro all my life, that next year the only road crossings I will be waiting for will be the mule deer and jack rabbits crossing my driveway.

People say " Won't you miss it over here ?" and I quietly reply :s0022:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top