JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would go for satellite for TV if I could, but I have too many tall trees all around my house (no I don't have snow - this is an older pic):

2jcsyds.jpg

I haven't figured out how to get a clear view of the satellites because it is 100 yards out to the road where a clear view is, and all the satellite guys say that is too far for the cable to run and there doesn't seem to be any boosters. So no 4K TV for me until I retire and move.:(

Are you saying internet alone cost you over $100.00?
We have comcast, digital preferred W/internet and landline and we currently pay $170.00, + Stars and Stars Encore too. But good ol' comcast has upped the bill about $10.00 since we signed their 2-year deal last August.

I get the fastest speed they have available.

The slower speeds are only like $15-20 less

I would go for satellite for TV if I could, but I have too many tall trees all around my house (no I don't have snow - this is an older pic):

View attachment 533186

I haven't figured out how to get a clear view of the satellites because it is 100 yards out to the road where a clear view is, and all the satellite guys say that is too far for the cable to run and there doesn't seem to be any boosters. So no 4K TV for me until I retire and move.:(
Limb up one of the trees and hang the dish from it

I was with DISH for 10-12 years and then switched to ROKU. After the second ROKU unit took a crap on me within a 1 year and a half I decided I'd try something else. Then remembered I had a PS4 that I'd bought a couple years before and put away because I never had time to play it. Signed up with Playstation Vue and I've been happy with it the last few yrs other than I'm lately thinking I don't watch enough TV to justify paying for it. I'll probably cancel and just go with the free channels plus Prime. They have a free trial and you don't need a Playstation to use it.
Supported Devices on PlayStation™Vue | FAQ | PlayStation™Vue

Never had cable. I suppose it all traces back to David Letterman constantly joking about "cable weasels." Anyway, I have cut essentially all media: TV, birdcage liner, talk radio, etc. I am much happier now. For the missus to watch her soaps, I got one of those $70 double secret Desert Storm HumVee mud flap antennas. 'Sposed to pull in signals from across the world.

Didn't.

Not a single channel. Went to Wal-Mart and got the el-cheapo Sylvania batwing antenna. 30+ channels for $9.99. OK, I do watch some Criminal Minds and NCIS Los Angeles.

Limb up one of the trees and hang the dish from it

I thought about that, but the trees around it would block it if I put the dish where the tree doesn't sway. Putting a dish up on or near the top would just result in the dish moving around when the wind blows, and getting it adjusted by a tech to point the right way/etc. - yeah right, no tech will do that.

What I am hoping for is 5G - if they make the coverage as good as 4G then I can use that to get good internet/etc.

3 years ago thought about canceling cable we have a package deal so the breakdown was:
1) Cable $80 per month
2) Internet $40 per month
3) Home phone $20 per month

Fast forward 3 years and I asked again:
1) Cable $20 per month
2) Home phone $10 per month
3) Internet $100 per month

They figured out what folks we're doing and flipped their billing...Ugh.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top