Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cutting Foam to fit my AR/Handgun

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by jimmyleost, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jimmyleost

jimmyleost Renton Member

Hello,

I'm thinking about purchasing a Pelican Case for my AR-15 and one of my handguns also so mags. Does anyone know if there's a place in WA that I can come in and have them cut the foam for me?

Also, has anyone here done it themselves and how easy/hard is it to do? My friend did his own and it looked like crap. I do not want mine to look like crap!

Thanks.

Jimmy

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

3. JUSTIficatioN

JUSTIficatioN Seattle, Wa Member

If you heat up a butter knife on a stove top it should work ok, I've never done it for a pelican case, but I used to make miniature scenery out of foam and thats what I did. worked pretty good

4. A2theK

A2theK Olympia Member

The pick and pluck foam that is pre-cut makes it pretty easy. Go slow and you'll be fine. Always undersize your foam when "plucking" and it will form just fine.

5. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

6. M.Link

M.Link Guest

If somebody wants to build one of those contraption things, I will give you the 50 bucks if you cut my foam too! Pelican told me to roll the foam up and put it in the freezer for a while, then use a electric knife or a sharp bread knife. I traced my guns right onto the foam and used a razor blade. What a joke, it turned out like S**T! I need new foam now.