JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn it! When I saw the title I was excited to share with you all my cable cutting experience. I have manual cutters, hydraulic cutters, a cutter you hit with a hammer! I have cut mountains of cable! :(

Damn it! When I saw the title I was excited to share with you all my cable cutting experience. I have manual cutters, hydraulic cutters, a cutter you hit with a hammer! I have cut mountains of cable! :(

I got ya beat IM, I used to spice up the cables when guys like you runamuck with your cable cutters or machetes or shovels or post hole diggers or backhoes... lol:p

I got ya beat IM, I used to spice up the cables when guys like you runamuck with your cable cutters or machetes or shovels or post hole diggers or backhoes... lol:p
I worked for a few years at a rigging shop that manufactured slings and other rigging. I never really worked in the cable shop but I rebuilt a lot of the equipment they used including the big ESCO swaging presses, splicing vices and even the coiling machines used to spool the new cable on to the winches on big ships.

What I don't have any experience with is the little coax that brings the picture in your house :D

I worked for a few years at a rigging shop that manufactured slings and other rigging. I never really worked in the cable shop but I rebuilt a lot of the equipment they used including the big ESCO swaging presses, splicing vices and even the coiling machines used to spool the new cable on to the winches on big ships.

What I don't have any experience with is the little coax that brings the picture in your house :D

I didn't have any experience with coax either but I had lots of experience with telephone cables though. Some cables were
over 3600 pair as big as a man's forearm. Took a few hours to splice them (like 10-12 hours)...

To get back to the original question here, cough cough. :rolleyes:
I have not heard of the one the OP was asking about. I have seen several go the cut the cable route though. Since the Broadcast went digital many can get HD over the air. Just need the right antenna. For those this works for it does work VERY well. I would avoid those in the house ones though. The big problem with digital is line of site. I have seen the in the house ones that would lose signal if someone just walked between the signal source and antenna. Quite annoying when trying to watch something. Have seen many use video game console if they did not have a smart TV. Seen some using Netflix, some using others you see advertised. Each month when I pay the damn bill I want to cut it here. Have a couple women here who just are not ready to do it yet so I live with it. If it was just me I long ago would have dropped them. As long as you have reliable broadband there is little you can't see. You can even use and old PC as a DVR fairly simple. Smart TV's like all tech keep getting so cheap that anyone can have one now and they are nice. Use ours a lot to watch both netflix and Amazon even though I have the damn cable (and the bill for it) here. :confused::s0158:

We get by fine with FIOS and Netflix/Youtube/Amazon/UFC apps on the smart TV or PS4.
Im pretty much on the same boat. Fios with netflix/hulu and one of those hd antennas that gives me the local channels and ion tv. UFC app huh? I need that one :cool:. Ive recently made the decision to go this route as of December and so far so good. Comcast kept raising their rates and while the internet was advertised as 100 whatever speed, the speed was too inconsistent and required a modem reset every other day. What kept me hostage with comcast was the fact they had most of the Blazer games and I love my Blazers. Now, ive found my own means to stream the games and save some money.

Netflix over a Roku box is hands down the best picture I've seen. Way better than my TV or computer can stream it. Netflix has a ton of great content. I do watch some Over The Air, but not a lot - mostly news and weather. Any standard UHF antenna will pick up HDTV, so don't let them sell you an "HD" antenna for more. I occasionally watch Amazon Prime video but their picture quality is spotty, their selection is meh and their Roku app is painfully slow and clunky.

My favorite way to cut things like tow cables is with a little bitty dremel tool and a cut off disc. It will take a couple disc's to get through anything thicker then 1/4" but the cut is so clean its worth the effort.

Cut it! Streaming is the way of the future. You will be pretty well off with Netflix and Amazon Prime. Lots of free/paid "channel" options to choose from.

Roku is much more common than Tickboxtv, probably a safer investment in the long run. They both do the same thing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top