JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow, lots of really good replies to go thru. Right now Im close to choosing the Overwatch drop in but will revisit other suggestions here first. I dont think I want to mess with the slide firing pin springs but would like to get a whole LPK trigger drop in kit and be done with it hoping for any improvement on the trigger pull.

wow, lots of really good replies to go thru. Right now Im close to choosing the Overwatch drop in but will revisit other suggestions here first. I dont think I want to mess with the slide firing pin springs but would like to get a whole LPK trigger drop in kit and be done with it hoping for any improvement on the trigger pull.
The Overwatch DAT is hard to beat.

I wouldn't recommend messing around with any other components. Watch a few of the JohnnyGlock.com vids and he will plumb scare you out of doing anything that a certified Glock armorer should be doing. The system can become unsafe rapidly when dorked with.

Just remember that the "Safe Action" trigger is something that IMO exists about halfway between a 1911 and good revolver. Don't expect it to be anything more.

There is a Sig .380 compact pistol that has a fab trigger... but I forget which model it is... the trigger is at least as crisp as a good 1911.

20-25 thousand rounds makes a factory trigger just as good as any aftermarket one.

The Overwatch full drop in kit for $169 is a good deal since they include a TMH and a genuine "minus" connector.
The Agency includes an aftermarket connector that they call a "minus" but it's not genuine and not as good IMO.

With just the trigger/bar replacement you'll get reduced reach and take-up, but not much reduction (if any) in pull weight.
Overwatch claims 1/2 - 1 pound reduction in pull weight with the full kit.

20-25 thousand rounds makes a factory trigger just as good as any aftermarket one.
uzmi-f-sa-mog-travnjaka.gif

Just remember that the "Safe Action" trigger is something that IMO exists about halfway between a 1911 and good revolver. Don't expect it to be anything more.

There is a Sig .380 compact pistol that has a fab trigger... but I forget which model it is... the trigger is at least as crisp as a good 1911.
You are never going to get a 1911 trigger out of a Glock, just ain't going to happen. What is important is to maintain the safety systems, you do not want any trigger that compromises any of them, whether it is the little dingus or the drop safety, doesn't matter.

Ive definitely been spoiled with my 1911 triggers in fact the stock Glock triggers is one of the reasons Ive never embraced owning a Glock. So I'm not expecting a 1911 feel but just want something better and manageable. Right now Im favoring the Overwatch trigger with the Timny trigger a close second.

Ive definitely been spoiled with my 1911 triggers in fact the stock Glock triggers is one of the reasons Ive never embraced owning a Glock. So I'm not expecting a 1911 feel but just want something better and manageable. Right now Im favoring the Overwatch trigger with the Timny trigger a close second.
You can gain some advantages in smoothness, reduced pull weight, and shorten up the trigger, but IMO spending a LOT of $$ isn't worth doing. I put nearly $300 into my JohhnyGlocks trigger with the polished striker face, it is nice but if I had to do it again I wouldn't spend that much. It's not THAT nice (still slightly gritty due to the crappy plastc striker channel liner). And it is possible to spend $1500 on a custom trigger like the full time competitors do... oy vey.

Some of the models let you adjust the pretravel back so far that the cruciform is nearly off the safety ledge... and they fail the drop safety test. Don't do that.

You can gain some advantages in smoothness, reduced pull weight, and shorten up the trigger, but IMO spending a LOT of $$ isn't worth doing. I put nearly $300 into my JohhnyGlocks trigger with the polished striker face, it is nice but if I had to do it again I wouldn't spend that much. It's not THAT nice (still slightly gritty due to the crappy plastc striker channel liner). And it is possible to spend $1500 on a custom trigger like the full time competitors do... oy vey.

Some of the models let you adjust the pretravel back so far that the cruciform is nearly off the safety ledge... and they fail the drop safety test. Don't do that.
Have you tried buffing out the channel liner ?
Chuck up a bore mop for a .270 rifle into your drill motor.
With some Mother's paste (or similar) give that channel the treatment.
You can also give the outside of the striker spring and spring cups (retainers) the treatment with the Dremel polishing wheel and some Mother's (Mag Wheel Polish).

The eccentric Johnny Glock demonstrates...

What are your intentions with the gun? Defensive carry or range only?
I'm not certain yet. This is a just for fun build using the Glock architecture. It wont actually be a Glock as I also don't like their grip angle. If I decide to use it for defensive purposes I don't plan to modify anything just drop in parts only.

Have you tried buffing out the channel liner ?
Chuck up a bore mop for a .270 rifle into your drill motor.
With some Mother's paste (or similar) give that channel the treatment.
You can also give the outside of the striker spring and spring cups (retainers) the treatment with the Dremel polishing wheel and some Mother's (Mag Wheel Polish).

The eccentric Johnny Glock demonstrates...
Watched that long ago and did it, no joy. Even with new cups. Didn't make much diff. Did you try it???

Yep
Seemed to clean up the grittiness for me.
Not me. Maybe I'm just fussy. But I even did it twice. Tired of it. Maybe the OEM liners are better to clean up... I bought Lone Wolf liners in a 5pk and the white plastic does seem to be a bit harder than the original black, so maybe won't polish out as well. Not willing to order one from Glock just to try it again tho.

Not me. Maybe I'm just fussy. But I even did it twice. Tired of it. Maybe the OEM liners are better to clean up... I bought Lone Wolf liners in a 5pk and the white plastic does seem to be a bit harder than the original black, so maybe won't polish out as well. Not willing to order one from Glock just to try it again tho.
The thing that seemed to make a difference was buffing down the retainer cups.
You can actually reduce to OD of them with the Dremel buffing wheel and polishing paste.
Easy to test progress with everything out of the gun.