JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I'm Saw the Elephant. If you don't get what that means, Google the phrase.

I joined as a Supporting Vendor for 2 reasons: (1) the forum is civil and respectable, and (2) I wish to provide legal advice for compensation to other members outside of the forum, essentially in use of force questions. I can also refer you to other attorneys if you have other legal matters.

I wouldn't want you to take my posts as "legal advice," because legal advice is specific to one client, not to a general discussion of legal topics. I would rather respond to specific legal questions by encouraging you to discuss this matter privately between us, and you'll have to pay a fee for that.

Now, about the signature line I chose. It's from G.K. Chesterton's "The Last Hero." More follows so you can appreciate the irony:

The wind blew out from Bergen to the dawning of the day,
They ride and run with fifty spears to break and bar my way,
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.
How white their steel, how bright their eyes! I love each laughing knave,
Cry high and bid him welcome to the banquet of the brave.
Yea, I will bless them as they bend and love them where they lie,
When on their skulls the sword I swing falls shattering from the sky.
The hour when death is like a light and blood is like a rose, --
You never loved your friends, my friends, as I shall love my foes.

Welcome to the forum!

It's a clever saying, am also aware of the elephant and where it leaves its droppings.

Was hoping to get a group of people in here that could give a 'REAL" view of what it's like on the other side of things.

Glad to have you here!

Be well...

welcome to the boards.
How does a person follow up an introduction like that ?

Baron Montrose's Toast,

"He either fears his fate too much,
Or his desserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch,
To win or lose it all."

Welcome aboard!

Here's one:
"She walks in beauty like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And I'm bound by restraining order to keep 500 feet away at all times."

Welcome Saw the Elephant! I can personally vouch for this indiviudal as he is our chief legal instructor and a senior firearms instructor at OFA and also teaches firearms at the Oregon Police Academy.

Not only is he an amazing human being he is a darn good instructor and friend to our community here. His lectures are dynamic and animated to say the least. His 3 hour legal lecture in our Basic Handgun Safety course is never anything less than "amazing!" Often the review sheets are stocked full of praise for just that portion of the course.

In fact, two "yuppie - non gun type" women drove down from Portland relucantly to take our Basic Handgun course at the insistance of their husbands. They almost turned around at the gate because they said "this is probably going to be the longest and worst day of our life!" They showed up dressed for a Nordstrom's convention not an OFA course. Within 45 minutes of his 3 hour lecture...they both signed up for a bunch of other courses and are now shopping for handgun, shotguns and rifles and also better training attire than Ralph Lauren pant suits and Tommy Choo (or whatever that guy's name is) shoes!

Any time we spend with this individual we are better for it!

Glad to see you here amigo!

"If you can talk with crowds, and keep your virtue,
or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much,

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And--which is more--you'll be a Man, my son!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA