JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It crawled under the deck driving my dog crazy. I hit it with 5-7 pumps and pellets. I'd like to think it was my deft shot placements that took it out. It was dark, I had a flashlight, proned and shooting on my shoulder.:cool: Not a bad deal for 25 bucks at Bi-Mart.:s0155:

Picture208.jpg

That right there was my first gun. Got it when I was 6, still have it, and it has certainly shot alot of stuff. I think it needs new seals tho. 5-7 pumps? I usually go like 20+.

After 10 or 11 pumps you dont get any return for the extra pumping.

Try using a chronograph as I did when around 12ish with your BB gun as well as ballistic charts so you can start calculating drop. Then get a 22!

What on earth makes you think its dead?

I once split an opossums head with an axe like in two seperate pieces. I figured I would go throw it in the trash in the morning and about 6am I went outside to do just that. And it wasn't anywhere in the yard which has a 6'+ fence all the way around it.

I once split an opossums head with an axe like in two seperate pieces. I figured I would go throw it in the trash in the morning and about 6am I went outside to do just that. And it wasn't anywhere in the yard which has a 6'+ fence all the way around it.

Oh, it's dead. I killed it last night. I was hoping it would be gone when I checked this morning, but alas it was in rigor when I pulled it out this afternoon.

After 10 or 11 pumps you dont get any return for the extra pumping.

When I was a youngin I was stalking prey around my grandparent's back yard with one of those after I got bored with cans. I figured more pumps= more power. I got up to 30 pumps then couldn't pull the trigger, it was too stiff. Had to wait for grandpa to get home and pull it for me. I'm sure it's not good for the seals.

That right there was my first gun. Got it when I was 6, still have it, and it has certainly shot alot of stuff. I think it needs new seals tho. 5-7 pumps? I usually go like 20+.

YEP, Seals are probabally done for. As per Crosman 10 pumps is max and you most likely overstressed the seals. If you want faster BBs that hit harder put some in a plastic bottle like a 16 oz soda bottle ( cleaned & dried ) and add maybe 1/4 teaspoon of powdered moly like found at Midway to the bottle, close the lid tightly and over the course of mabe an hour total shake and roll that bottle around and the moly will peen itself into the BBs. Clean the BBs off rolling them between some paper towels until the towels come up clean and put them in a clean container. Good idea to clean the barrel of your air rifle with a strong copper solvent too. They make a cheap cleaning kit in .17 calibre that works nicely or they have fibre wads you can shoot wet ones down the bores and after awile some dry ones but the brush and patch works best. Prepare to be impressed !

The owls in your neighborhood don't care how high your fence is.

I figured more pumps= more power. I got up to 30 pumps then couldn't pull the trigger, it was too stiff... ...I'm sure it's not good for the seals.

They say after 4 hours of that to consult a physician. Sorry, couldn't pass it up.

Seriously, the 760 is a totally proven design. Very few minor changes over the decades. Though I do like the "recent" addition of that little slide-through plastic clip for 5 pellets. Please tell me I finally got it right and this is actually a clip, not a magazine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top