JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So on Black Friday I ordered 40 Ammo cans from PSA. They where $7.97 each with free shipping. Seemed like a great deal and I use them up so $319 for 40 of them shipped seemed like a no brainier.

So they showed up today. 4 huge poorly packed boxes each with a UPS tag that said 71 pounds.

So here is the thing. Each box had 10 cans which only weighed 55 pounds, I would guess the box and packing was no where close to 17 pounds.

PSA paid to ship 4 oversized boxes at 71 pounds each.

Using the UPS calculator it shows a cost of $118 each box or a total of $472 bucks on an order that the product cost $319

I'm sure they get a better deal on shipping but when you figure in what it cost to ship 220 pounds from South Carolina to Idaho it is a chunk and .50 Ammo cans less than $8

I'm happy to have them but it had to cost them a mint

I got a crazy FedEx one... on my upper, 3 days 3 hours 30 minutes to move THREE MILES in Salt Lake City, not even in one of their sorting facilities just the truck driver decided to take a 3-day weekend or something.

Why didn't you just drive 3 miles to the place, unless it is an on line store exclusively?
Because I'm in Seattle and CBC Industries is way the hell on the other coast in Charleston. :)

Seriously, when it takes almost as long to cross one town as it does half the rest of the country... LOL I mean, yeah, taking Saturday and/or Sunday is reasonable, as is safety breaks for bad weather, but I punched up the weather reports... maybe the trailer threw a tire or something.
(Historical note, this was very common for rail shipping around Chicago where it took longer to cross Chicago than the rest of the country because of railcars languishing in Belt Ry. of Chicago holding yards... it got so bad that New York Central and Milwaukee Road jointly built their own private belt-line OUTSIDE the BRC to expedite trans-con connections.)

Looks like it'll make it JUST in time tomorrow for FedEx to not have to cough up on "Money Back If Not Delivered By X"... :)

Last Edited:
Because I'm in Seattle and CBC Industries is way the hell on the other coast in Charleston. :)

Seriously, when it takes almost as long to cross one town as it does half the rest of the country... LOL I mean, yeah, taking Saturday and/or Sunday is reasonable, as is safety breaks for bad weather, but I punched up the weather reports... maybe the trailer threw a tire or something.

Looks like it'll make it JUST in time tomorrow for FedEx to not have to cough up on "Money Back If Not Delivered By X"... :)

My bad, thought you were 3 miles away... doughhhhhh:s0110:

I ordered some ammo from PSA and 1000 rds were Remington ammo with the rebate. I ordered them on the weekend after black friday.
I received 500rds of the Rem ammo but thats it so far. The rebate return has to be post marked by Dec 19th. So I'm getting a little nervous.
The tracking info they gave me doesn't work.
I'm going to call them tomorrow and hope I get through.

And they may have a deal the shipper where they pay a flat rate for everything.

I have a place we order a ton of crap through work, no matter what we order they charge us a flat rate of $2.00

"Crazy Shipping". "Smart Post", I think it's called. FED-EX carries something from So. Carolina to the Troutdale Hub in three days. THEN they take it up to Auburn Wa where it get's handed off to the USPS and four days later it gets to my house with the mail.

I don't do Fed-Ex anymore unless I have to. I don't like having valuable packages left on my door step. If the odds are high I won't be home on delivery day I'll call Fed-Ex/UPS, while the package is in transit, and have them hold it. I have Swan Island and Fed-Ex stations within 15 minutes of me. Fed-Ex would not send and hold a package to/at the local station, UPS would.

Learned something about FedEx shipping a few months ago. There tracking info is NOT based in reality. It is usually what they expect to be true. Had two boxes shipped from SoCal to Aurora, Next Day Early AM delivery, by 10:00 guaranteed. About 9:30 the driver pulls in with one box. Says his info shows there should be two, but he only has one. He leaves, we check tracking. Per FedEx tracking one has been delivered and the other one is "Out for delivery." After a few hours of phone calls and BS, they discover that the second box is actually in a semi trailer in Oakland. That's when the FedEx counter guy told us about the realities of their tracking system. Trailer showed up next day, went to FedEx and picked up the box REALLY early, 5:00am. My question through all of this is, they must have accurate tracking if they were able to find out the box was in a trailer in Oakland, why not link to that for their customer tracking. Why maintain two systems?? No answers.

On another note, I bought an XP-100 from Arizona off of Gunbroker. UPS sent it to Kentucky for a week.

Sent a rifle FedEx to Connecticut. It spent 9 days in Chicago.

Bought five transmission needle bearings off Amazon. Each an "add-on" item, only shipped with an order of $25 or more. Order over $25, no problem. First one is delivered on a Sunday. Next three show up Monday in two separate Next Day Air boxes. Last one shows up on Tuesday in a Second Day Air box. None of them shipped with the other items on the order. Total value of the bearings was less than $25. I was glad to get them, but I don't see how that can be profitable.

I watched I can't remember what,go from St. Louis to some other sight back to St. Louis then to Utah and eventually to me in Wa.
Then a guy that bought a gun every 3 days,(watched those penny auctions),had a gun cover about 10 states. Started in the south,went to 3-4 states on the eastern seaboard. Then Colorado,Utah I think Portland then Utah and to him.
He was an IT guy and was kinda having fun watching it move.
I think he spent $175 on some cheaplo ruger.

Isn't that almost like grouping all gun owner's together.

I am a truck monkey and my company bends over backwards to give outstanding customer service.
Nothin' personal, amigo. To me "truck monkey" is the kind of parcel/freight driver who can't be bothered to care about special instructions or customer service, the proverbial "bad apples" of your profession just as smarmy know-it-alls (which I've admittedly been accused of a few times), ideologically-driven Revisionists and pedantic droning pedagogues are to mine. :)

Better example within our own community: All Fudds are hunters, but not all hunters are Fudds--the Fudds are the kind that drive tension between hunters and Modern Sporting Rifle shooters, handgunners, and everyone doing anything other than Bambi-blasting.

How funny I did the same order except 20 cans showed up same day as yours except both boxes were heavily beat up and the two UPS gals did a bravo job of bringing up the porch. Love the cans.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top