JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have 24+ inches of snow on the ground here in SW Oregon. About 43N, 123W. Kinda. About 1500 feet. About 40 miles from the Pacific Ocean. I have not seen this much snow in the 28 years I have been here.

Lots of rain but usually little or no snow. The final storm missed us which is good. Lots of caved roofs from BIG falling branches. The power has been off and on for several days. Blue skies outside now. :)

Two of my favorite quotes about the weather...

..."everybody complains about it, nobody actually does anything to fix it!"
..."climate us what you expect, weather is what you get."

It's called CLIMATE CHANGE you apes... get with it. :rolleyes:

We may be Apes?

But were freezing our nuts off! :D

ape in ice.png

It's times like these I'm glad I don't work outside.

Although one of my offices I work out of doesn't have any kind of hvac. So the only break from the weather is a concrete wall.
I usually wears shorts 365. But I broke down and bought a couple pairs of work pants and a space heater.

I feel like it was this way a couple years ago. This area always seems to have a harsh winter every 4-6 years or so.

Seriously guys? "Global" typically means something bigger than your back yard. Or put it this way: just because it is cold at your house doesn't mean it's not warmer than usual somewhere else in the world.

Living in the northwest all these years if I believed in climate change I would leave my truck idling 24/7 to speed it along. No place I've ever been could benefit so much from a change in climate.
In all seriousness I m glad I made it through southern Oregon a day earlier than planed as my mother in law has been snowed in since a day after we left.

Friday, 6 January, 2017. Still snowed in. My little neat cool baby SUV is good in the snow, but only to a point. Not a snow blower to be had. Oh well. Lots of wood, food, water, COLD drinks, etc.. Life is good. We are going to stay inside this weekend. Our roof is good to go up to about 6 feet of snow. I love good planning. :)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads