JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There has been a sea change in the past 15-20 years. We are going to win this thing, one way or the other

Note the insane screeching the antis are now emitting.. they know they have lost the argument

There has been a sea change in the past 15-20 years. We are going to win this thing, one way or the other

Note the insane screeching the antis are now emitting.. they know they have lost the argument

I believe it has some to do with a general distrust of the Federal Government. In my lifetime I don't believe I have seen it ever at this level. Mainstream beliefs would have been conspiracy theories back in the 80's and 90's ( germ warfare testing on US, mind control, disinformation, FUD, domestic espionage ). Our liberties have been being slowly eroded away since 9/11 in the name of the " War on terror ". Alot of us are beginning to realize this.

When you sit down and really think about all this, letting these same people control the 2nd seems like a very bad idea.

Just my .02...

EDIT:

Just looked at a gallop poll and it looks like we have distrusted .GOV since the early 70's. Maybe people are just more vocal now because of the internet and the way we communicate. IDK. Feels different.

I believe it has some to do with a general distrust of the Federal Government. In my lifetime I don't believe I have seen it ever at this level. Mainstream beliefs would have been conspiracy theories back in the 80's and 90's ( germ warfare testing on US, mind control, disinformation, FUD, domestic espionage ). Our liberties have been being slowly eroded away since 9/11 in the name of the " War on terror ". Alot of us are beginning to realize this.

When you sit down and really think about all this, letting these same people control the 2nd seems like a very bad idea.

Just my .02...

EDIT:

Just looked at a gallop poll and it looks like we have distrusted .GOV since the early 70's. Maybe people are just more vocal now because of the internet and the way we communicate. IDK. Feels different.

feelsgoodman.jpg

The people have always been awake. The big city left wing media usually just ignores them to push the reporters' individual agendas.

THIS.

1. Guns have been flying off the shelves since Heller in ever increasing record numbers. We have BOATLOADS of new gun owners all over the country.
2. Cultural popularity of guns has been gaining steadily. How many different gun shows are on TV at the present? 3? 4?
3. The antis have been calling for stuff that even people who aren't on our side know wouldn't do a thing to address Newtown or things like it. It shows the antis in a very bad light.
4. We have all the facts and all the logic on our side. All the antis have is fear. Fear fades, facts remain.

The gun-control thing has been a dead issue nationally for a long time. Too many Democrats are in districts that like their guns to even line up party-line support. The GOP in the House will get butchered in a primary fight if they vote for gun control. It's a poison pill nationally.

And finally, Obama is a really rotten leader for ANY issue. He talks well, but when it comes down to offering specifics, he completely fails. No way in Hell is a Democrat congressman from Montana or Indiana or TX going to throw himself on his sword for a president who can't even offer draft legislation and who most voters in his district don't like. Every congressman is coming up for election in a tad over a year. Voting for a gun control bill is not something no Democrat outside a very safe anti-gun district is going to do.

I hope so. As a conservative living in Oregon, I feel like I am trapped behind enemy lines.

But there is no mistaking it, the country has moved away from traditional, conservative views.

Liberals have successfully dumbed down public education to the point where a majority of people lack the ability to think critically and logically. They dominate our popular culture including news, TV, films, arts etc.. to the point where their beliefs are being reinforced over and over again to an apathetic and intellectually lazy population. They have successfully infiltrated government to the point where they have convinced many Americans that government needs to take care of them from womb to tomb, and its perfectly acceptable for government to grow every year. They have successfully have demonized hard work, achievement, and personal responsibility. Their domination is so complete that they feel comfortable even taking on the Boy Scouts and Marriage. Traditions means nothing to someone so blinded by ideology. They are taking a wrecking ball to the constitution, and are proudly swinging it with glee.

We are too far down the rabbit hole. Conservatives may win a few policy arguments here and there, but our national government is beyond saving, and even if every liberal in office were thrown out, it is still too late. It will collapse, and its collapse is only a matter of time. No way we can ever pay back our 17 trillion (and growing) debt. It's impossible.

But, we are not living in the bunker yet. Personally my family is hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

The voters deserve the government they voted for. Unfortunately, it is going to take down a lot of people with them who did not support the decisions. History will not look back kindly on this time. Like Rome, our great nation will fall not to some conquering Army, but it rotted from within.

A lot of people have no clue what gun laws are already in place and what can be owned. Look at hoe often many proponents of gun control ask questions like "Why do you need machine guns or bazookas?" Many honestly believe machine guns and bazookas are readily available. As they learn those devices are not what is being discussed, and learn that the weapons being discussed haven't really become any more dangerous in the last 100 years, they realize how insane the proposed laws are. There are also many that are unaware of how many proponents of gun control have loudly voiced an end goal of removing all firearms from the public. As they learn of this issue, they become more understanding of why we don't want to give an inch anymore.

Obviously this doesn't pertain to the few anti 2A rights fanatics out there that want to strip everything away. They're the tiny minority though. I've found most people become much less in favor of gun control as they learn the truth of many of these issues. The more we buy time and politely educate people, the stronger our position becomes.

What happened to all those folks here who claimed 1) Barry had no interest in gun control; 2) Republicans were just as bad as Democrats on the issues of gun control; and 3) the NRA was only about collecting dues ?

We can easily see that all three are lies.

The true, intelligent anti's, IE those that actually presented plausible arguments (hold on, I didn't agree with them but appreciated their position) are moving on to other 'battles'. Only the fanatics now remain and they are not convincing many with their weak arguments and incredibly irrational ideas.

What I find most amazing is that the majority of the recent panic buyers were not really died in the wool gun nuts like us. They saw their opportunity to own something the gov was going to place beyond their reach was a trigger to buy. Hopefully we can draw these folks into our camp through websites like this and expand their knowledge base to use the new purchases safely, while being infused with the facts and logic our cause can present.

Guns are not the problem, people who misuse them are and always have been.

What happened to all those folks here who claimed 1) Barry had no interest in gun control; 2) Republicans were just as bad as Democrats on the issues of gun control; and 3) the NRA was only about collecting dues ?

We can easily see that all three are lies.

1) Obama showed no interest in gun control prior to the last election. He dragged his feet even when pressed by his own party. Who knew that once safely elected to a second term he'd make a U-turn?

2) How do we know what Romney would have done in this same situation? Past behavior says he'd be doing exactly the same as Obama, or worse. Romney signed an "assault" weapons ban as governor in 2004. Are we to believe he'd be doing anything differently today?

3) The NRA has been less than energetic and effective for the last few years. It's only recently that it's done much except collect dues. As a national gun rights organization it has been mediocre at best, making a lot of very questionable moves, but it's nearly all we've got, so I support it financially.

So, yep, nothing has happened to me. I'm still right here.

Well Obama had a well documented past of hating guns and he always voted that way. they say people that don't learn from history will be doomed to repeat it. So I always look at a politician's history. I do know from some of the places I am signed up on to learn what the other sides plans are, that many were told to go out and visit gun forums and cause people to not trust the NRA and what ever you could do to get people not to support them by making them look bad. Just like they are doing now with causing division everywhere they can. Some have left and maybe that shows what their intention was. I have always said don't fight between our members and Don't say bad things about the gun groups that support our rights, because if it causes anyone to not donate to support protecting our rights than the one saying is just as bad as the anti-gunners. We need to pull together and work on getting better organized to whip these sob! We can't waist our time when we have letters to write and other things to do.

A lot of people have no clue what gun laws are already in place and what can be owned. Look at hoe often many proponents of gun control ask questions like "Why do you need machine guns or bazookas?" Many honestly believe machine guns and bazookas are readily available. As they learn those devices are not what is being discussed, and learn that the weapons being discussed haven't really become any more dangerous in the last 100 years, they realize how insane the proposed laws are.

I went to the barber shop the other day. My barber is a USMC Korea vet. He said: "Well, I can't see why people need to have machine guns." -He thought the AR was a M-16. When I explained that the only serious functional difference between the Garand and an AR was weight and magazine design, he was floored. He had no idea they were talking about semi-autos in the bans.

Our liberties have been being slowly eroded away since 9/11 in the name of the " War on terror ". Alot of us are beginning to realize this.

Here's a very prominent liberal's view on this. Skip through the usual lefty jokes about "NRA types" and "gun nuts", and pay attention to his main point - it is not just the 2A that we should care about. 2A exists to protect the other rights, and we are slowly losing them:

Bill Maher - The Second Amendment Is Not Under Attack, But All Your Other Rights Are - YouTube (Bill Maher's rant)

WE all from the NRA GOA you and I everyone needs to educate the people because they are not getting it from the media or politicians. The anti-gun lobby works on the deception of misinformation that leads people to think machine gun! How many times have you seen a anti-AR15 report and the show M16s spraying bullets? This has to be stopped and I don't know anyway to do this but education. Maybe I am just a older person but I can remember when fact in news was important but now days it is like competition to tell the biggest whopper, and no one calls them on it. Maybe we should push for truth in reporting and when found in fault the news media has big fines for telling false information. They let the media run wild with out any percussions! Get some politician to write a bill for truth in media.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top