JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So once again the Costco bug has bitten.... Found a pretty decent price on Tri-Tips so in the cart go two of them.. During further shopping some foreign looking substance ended up in our cart because SWMBO thought it sounded good.

To be fair I figured I'd do another side by side with Ron's Hint of Houston and this Kirkland;s Sweet Mesquite blah blah blah...

Scan49.jpg
Scan48.jpg
The Subjects after a quick rinse....

Scan50.jpg
Scan53.jpg
A quick splash of EVOO and 2 get Ron's Hint of Houston.

Scan51.jpg
Scan52.jpg
Two get the other...

Currently in the smoker at~240 gonna take them to about Med. 160 or so.

Would appreciate your address.

I'll bring beer, or juice, whatever you prefer.

Fresh out of the smoker and into some foil to rest.. Still waiting on the Mrs. to get home and the bread to finish up....

Scan54.jpg
One of the Sweet Mesquite I foiled the other before I took a pic...

Scan55.jpg
Scan56.jpg
The two with Ron's Hint of Houston...

Dinner and the dishes are done....

Scan57.jpg
One of each sliced up... HoH on the top and Sweet Mesquite on the bottom.

Scan58.jpg
HoH rubbed... this was our favorite...

Scan59.jpg
Kirklands Sweet Mesquite... This had a good flavor but had a wierd initial taste that faded as you chewed... Was a little off putting.. I would use this again just need to figure out what it is and try and counter it a little...

Scan60.jpg
And a loaf of Jalepeno and Cheddar Beer bread this will make great sandwichs tomorrow...

My wife made me give up the Costco Membership after I came home with a 55 gallon drum of Clausen Pickles.
I got a ration when I came home w/ two Stanley garage door openers. "We didn't talk about this -- just how much did these cost?" About six months later she cozied up to me one evening and said something like, "This is really hard to say...When you put in those garage openers I was ticked, but this is now -- don't you *ever* think about taking those back out..." I'd probably have been just as happy if she'd said "...don't you ever think about taking that pickle back out."
And a loaf of Jalepeno and Cheddar Beer bread this will make great sandwichs tomorrow...
You're planning on being *hungry* tomorrow? I find when I have a large meal, especially a high-protein one, I do little more than snack the next day, least I'm not driven to eat by any stretch. I like to think it's my inner reptile.

MrB

Don't EVER leave a garage door opener remote in your vehicle outside. If the idiot that broke into my truck about a year ago had used the remote to open the garage door... the damage would have been far worse than an led head lamp and a 20 year old radar detector!! :angry:

Oh and to get back on topic... GO MEAT!!!

I got a ration when I came home w/ two Stanley garage door openers. "We didn't talk about this -- just how much did these cost?" About six months later she cozied up to me one evening and said something like, "This is really hard to say...When you put in those garage openers I was ticked, but this is now -- don't you *ever* think about taking those back out..." I'd probably have been just as happy if she'd said "...don't you ever think about taking that pickle back out."

You're planning on being *hungry* tomorrow? I find when I have a large meal, especially a high-protein one, I do little more than snack the next day, least I'm not driven to eat by any stretch. I like to think it's my inner reptile.

MrB

I hear ya.. with my work schedule I truly onyl get 1 maybe 2 days to smoke so I generally smoke enough to feed us the entire week including lunches for work.. Since Christmas doing this had reduced the times I just grab a burger on the way to work to almost nothing and I'm down about 20lbs as well.. its a win win...

Right now I've got 2 8lb Pork Shoulders in the smoker that are gonna get pulled for dinner and the rest frozen with the vacu-saver for lunches the rest of the week.

You inspired me so much that today I decided to pickup some Sirloin steaks.

Busted out the grill though not a smoker as you did.

They were melt in my mouth deliciousness.

This was one of the two (cut in half to show perfectness)
SANY1470.JPG

Great looking steaks....

I'm using the Largest Smoke Hollow that Bi-Mart carries I believe that its the No. 6...

It does a pretty fair job after a little bit of regulator issues when it was brand new. But a quick email to Smoke Hollow got me a brand new regulator assembly sent out no questions asked... If I buy a 2nd propane smoker it will definitely be another Smoke Hollow..

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top