JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If you can't find one go to the Albany gun show and do the personal transfer there. Call it in yourself and do the blue sheet. Saves you money and let's you enjoy the gun show. Just hope the system is up and running.

After SB941 went into effect I asked Corvallis Guns how much they would charge to do the BGC for private transfer. The person behind the counter told me they won't be doing private transfers at all.

Most are about 45 to do a transfer.

(25 for handling paperwork and 10 for background)

That's Corvallis Guns, Philomath and Bad Dog.

After SB941 went into effect I asked Corvallis Guns how much they would charge to do the BGC for private transfer. The person behind the counter told me they won't be doing private transfers at all.

The explanation that I was given regarding why dealers refuse to do private transfers is that if the buyer's check is delayed, the dealer must store the gun in the mean time (and insurance companies don't like the additional liability), and if the buyer is denied, they must go back through the transfer process to get the gun back to the seller. I don't know if this is 100% accurate though, just hearsay.

I need a Corvallis FFL for a firearms transfer. Any recommendations?

There are a couple private FFLs around, but as far as stores I think Corvallis Guns is $35 (I dont know if that includes NICS fee). I've been thinking about using them for a couple lowers since they're close. I always love Philomath Gun Shop for buying new, but I know they aren't a huge fan of doing transfers.

Old thread, needs to be updated. As of March 2020, "Philomath Guns" is closing down. They did not do private transfers anyway. Corvallis Guns was purchased by new owners, and is now called "Tick Licker", they do trasnfers for $35.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads