JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is anyone else having trouble copying and pasting text into the forum from a text editor like Word, Wordpad, Notepad?

If I copy and past text from something, the forum won't post it at all. And then even if I try to type something after refreshing the page, starting over, trying a different browser, and even switching computers, it will only accept a few directly typed words. It's driving me crazy. Any suggestions?

Specifically, this thread:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/oregon-reviews/7261-gun-broker-tigard-3.html

I'm not even sure this question will post....

Bunny, what error message do you get when you try to post it?

Trlsmn, have you seen it recently? Can you replicate it?

I'm working hard to get all these little bugs worked out.

Copy and paste works for me, there is a length limit to how long the message can be, but its pretty long (10,000 characters I think)

I thought it was this at first but what I'm trying to post is only about 200 words. I tried shortening it to less than 1,000 characters and it still won't work.

Bunny, what error message do you get when you try to post it?

I don't get any error message when it happens. Just a blank window that fails to load anything. I've tried resending, refreshing, everything. I actually tried typing everything I wanted to post within the reply without pasting it, and it still doesn't work. I haven't really made any lengthy posts lately but so far when I reply to other threads I haven't had this same problem. It just seems to be that thread.

Joey, I haven't had the problem since the upgrade but when I did it was something in the actual words not the length of the message that caused the error. Seems to me there was a discussion here about it when another member experienced the same problem.

It's probably the hidden characters that you pick up when you copy out of some word processing applications. MS Word is particularly bad about it. Notepad doesn't generate any extra characters or code and I tried copying and pasting from that, but got the same result. The only other thing I'm thinking it could be is my internet connection. Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough for it to submit. Except I've submitted a few replies today and they went through ok. But it happened again when I was trying to reply to a PM from Joey. It's kinda hit or miss.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top