JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stawinski said no charges would be filed against the man who shot the officers.

"The investigation corroborates his account that he did not know that there were police officers trying to enter his residence. I believe that and I know that to be true," Stawinski said.

The chief said the department will do a review of all search warrants that are pending and issued a moratorium on search warrants for at least 24 to 48 hours to make sure a similar incident doesn't happen again.

Stawinski also said detectives who worked the case might be disciplined.

I had forgotten we had something close to this here over a decade ago.
County deputy had a brother who was a small time pot dealer, very small time. He had a job as a bartender and was selling some weed. Brother who was a Cop was at one time living at the same house as the other bro who was dealing. So Cop moves out, here comes the boys in tactical to kick in the door early morning. The brother who worked nights wakes up, has ear plugs in to sleep days, comes shooting. One Cop dies, shooter is badly hurt. When it's all over the Sheriff is asked, "so this was really the way to handle this?". The excuses started flowing like a river. The one they stood on was "we did not know if our Deputy was still living at the house, so we kicked in the door guns out." They stood on that excuse till the end. So many lives ruined. The Cop killed had family, the brother who was a Cop is forever ruined, the one who killed the Cop is in prison. When this played out I could not for the life of me understand why. Why not walk up to the guy at work, say we have a warrant you are under arrest. Then go to his home and walk in not kick the door in.

My thought.... It seems like lazy police work to take a confidential informant at face value, Especially if you are using his word to brake down doors of random people with further verification of his claims...
Taking the word of a POS is stupid . Most of those jail house snitches and Informants would point the finger at their mama to get out of jail or for dope money.

I had forgotten we had something close to this here over a decade ago.
County deputy had a brother who was a small time pot dealer, very small time. He had a job as a bartender and was selling some weed. Brother who was a Cop was at one time living at the same house as the other bro who was dealing. So Cop moves out, here comes the boys in tactical to kick in the door early morning. The brother who worked nights wakes up, has ear plugs in to sleep days, comes shooting. One Cop dies, shooter is badly hurt. When it's all over the Sheriff is asked, "so this was really the way to handle this?". The excuses started flowing like a river. The one they stood on was "we did not know if our Deputy was still living at the house, so we kicked in the door guns out." They stood on that excuse till the end. So many lives ruined. The Cop killed had family, the brother who was a Cop is forever ruined, the one who killed the Cop is in prison. When this played out I could not for the life of me understand why. Why not walk up to the guy at work, say we have a warrant you are under arrest. Then go to his home and walk in not kick the door in.

Because you look retarded getting tac'd out just to calmly walk in to the guy's job and take them easy? Don't need MRAPs and coolguyninja gear for that stuff.

Ironically I heard many European and Israeli police agencies prefer to arrest high risk suspects in situations outside of dwellings. Train platforms, picking up mail, public bathroom entrances, etc... Its just takes more effort to stake out suspects and plan the arrest then smashing down a door at 3:00AM...

No knock warrants are horrible ideas. Knock. If they won't come out, wait for them. Nothing except a murder in progress is worth the path of destruction this causes.

If it was for armed robbery or home invaders ect swat would be a must .But for non violent crimes it is unnecessary dangerous, and wasteful.

Correction:

Two Officers Shot as SWAT Team Breaks Down Door to Wrong Apartment

Two police officers (accompanied by 7 other officers, all decked out in tactical gear) gently knocked on the wrong apartment door, whispering that they were the police. They would have gone away mildly disappointed, but being clairvoyant, they decided that there must be somebody home. So they applied a battering ram to the front door. The innocent occupant, fearing being raped, robbed, and murdered by local thugs, fired upon said officers, a totally justified reaction.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top