JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When this happens some people need to be fired. It's the only way people would learn to be more careful. There is just no excuse for this. Amazing it turned out as good as it did.

The thing that gets me is that we have to have visual confirmation that the person we want is in a particular home before we boot a door. That means having surveillance on the house or following the dude back to the house and staying put until we get people and the green light.

If we have a CS give us a name or address, we will look into it but we don't take it at face value because most CSs are trying to work off their own charges or get paid.

I don't blame the dad one bit. I would have done the same not hearing any commands or notifications that they were police. Hope the police officer heals from his wounds and the dad doesn't get charged.

May everyone learn a lesson from this.

Glad the dad & daughter survived, hope the PD fires the idiots who didn't do due dilligence to make sure they had the right info, since their bad info and lazy work got two cops hurt. Hopefully no one sues over this, and really glad the dad won't be charged. He did good.

All is well that ends well... seems like one of the better scenerios that could play out from this event.

It's weird that this could happen, with all of the loopholes that go into search warrants. Somebody did a poor job, and was maybe just hoping to get lucky.
The whole robbers claiming to be "cops" deal has me on edge. Always worried that I would defend against an intruder then their buddy would storm in claiming to be a cop.

My thought.... It seems like lazy police work to take a confidential informant at face value, Especially if you are using his word to brake down doors of random people with further verification of his claims...

Last Edited:
My thought.... It seems like lazy police work to take a confidential informant at face value, Especially if you are using his word to brake down doors or random people with further verification of his claims...

I read that a couple of detectives who didnthe initial investigation are in hot water over this. I'm still really curious what the judge got from them that resulted in the warrant.

The thing that gets me is that we have to have visual confirmation that the person we want is in a particular home before we boot a door. That means having surveillance on the house or following the dude back to the house and staying put until we get people and the green light.

If we have a CS give us a name or address, we will look into it but we don't take it at face value because most CSs are trying to work off their own charges or get paid.

That's what bothers me about this. I have worked with Police who do this sort of thing and that was how it was done long before the "tech" we have now days. Given the tech we have now there is in my mind just no excuse for this. If people lost their job and pension for making this kind of error I am pretty sure it would suddenly stop happening.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top