JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The people yelling at the cops are straight out of the Honey Boo Boo realm, but there was no reason for the cop to slap this kid.

WATCH: Did This Police Officer Just Smack A Ten-Year-Old Boy? | Mediaite

[video]<iframe src="http://videos.mediaite.com/embed/player/?content=MPLTGZ242709LVL7&content_type=content_item&layout=&playlist_cid=&widget_type_cid=svp&read_more=1" width="420" height="421" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>[/video]

He should have removed the kid in a better manner than that; in a car; something. Walking him that way in front of other kids does one thing. It ingrains that image into those kids minds that cops are automatons that come around to catch and grab kids. Their image of police now are as their oppressors and the enemy. Things you witness at age 8-10 that shock your emotions stay with you for life. - Dr Phil over here.

burt, cops are there to bust kids, they should do more of it. kids get too much of a free pass, should lock him up beat him with rubber hoses until he learns how not to bite somebody with a gun. stupid kid surrounded by stupid people.

looked like he was being bitten and he was just stopping him. that was some straight up trailer park trash ranting though lol. i turned it off a few seconds after the swatting though.

From the story, it would seem that this child was kept by his mother for years after a court order giving the father full custody. If that truly is the case, wouldn't this kid be on milk cartons? And if that were the case, why was there only one cop there? It doesn't seem to make sense. I would have to say that this could have been handled better, but I can't say how I would react if the kid bit me.

So glad I don't have kids in this day and age. The best decision I ever made was to keep my swimmers contained. You cannot be a father these days even if you wanted to, one word from a kid to his teacher that you are 'mean' and off you go to jail.

I remember an episode of the Sopranos where Tony tells Carmella "what, spank him?, so I can get my *** thrown in jail? Don't you know kids today have all the power? All we can do is kiss his ***!"

My dad caught me and about six of my friends snooping around houseboats - not stealing, just having fun - and as we made it back to ours my dad was waiting with a dingy oar. He paddled all of us in line one after another! LOL Everyone at Lincoln High circa 1980 was talking about it, laughing. Could you imagine today? There would be a death sentence or life w/o parole for my dad. Not one of the other parents were mad - in fact most called to thank him.

When my sister ran away from home my dad put up WANTED posters of her at my high school with her pic and a $200 reward for her capture and return LOL. Tons of calls of course, NO COPS.

Ahh, how things have changed in 30 years.

Once a lady called my dad crying, begging for help because her daughter was off at the park doing drugs and she couldn't stop her. My dad drove me over there at 1am and found where they were all sitting around off a secluded trail up McClay(?) park smoking weed. He walked up and said which one of you is Mary? "I am, who the f are you?" He then simply grabbed her by the hair and started walking, returned her right back to her mom. Like I said, if today - PRISON. Still laugh about that - like a scene from the Terminator.

So glad I don't have kids in this day and age. The best decision I ever made was to keep my swimmers contained.

Not having kids was one of the best decisions I have ever made. People assume that when I get really old that I'll somehow regret the decision, but I just can't see that happening. Why? So some little ingrates can have me locked away when I become a burden to them?

To those of you with kids, good on you but I could never raise kids in today's society.

To those of you with kids, good on you but I could never raise kids in today's society.

Plus, really, have you checked them out at all recently? Twittering twits and ignorant, lazy spoiled brats. I had a job started age 9-12, then 13-17, 19-22, and then 24 until now. Even while going to college.

Empowered brats!

Three of my friends have kids that are 17-19 and none of them have never had a job, ever! Jesus come on retarded. They are going to be 'students' instead! - the hallmark for the lazy brats.

Now, even if somehow you raise a decent kid you can't compete with their peer groups, the media, celebrities, etc that tell them daily about what to think, how to act.

SO HAPPY I never bought into the great to be a father BS.

Normally I would throw the cops under the bus. BUT in this case I don't see what the problem was.

I like how the dude says " It doesn't matter if he did bite you, he is a kid and you can't hit kids" and we wonder why we have problems.

what is a " underage child"?? You can be a child, you can be underage, but can you be both??

Not a great quality video. Very easy for everyone to second-guess and come up with different versions of what went down. So did the beatnik in the tie-get some pepper spray?

I agree with Jbett, that was NOT a real slap. This is a real slap (nsfw) - "They would have a gunfight after that! Someone had to go!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I love my son more than anything. I will also do what I need to do as a father without concern for how anyone else may view it. The only reason anyone lives under the rule of a 10-year old is because they allow it to happen. There is no way that my child would ever get to the point of "telling on me". First of all, I'm not a brutal dictator of a dad and I have had only very few reasons to physically discipline him. Second, he would never even consider getting any "authorities" involved. The only authorities in the end are Mom & Dad.

If you have allowed yourself to be in a situation where your child threatens to call the cops on you, you need to take a strong look at where along the line you totally bubblegumed that one up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top