JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been looking at getting one for a while, most likely for my daily carry. Love the idea of dry firing with recoil on my own gun.
The price is pretty significant and some of the reviews were shaky a few years back.

Anyone have or use one? I'm sure the function and everything has improved.
Would you buy one again?

I don't know about that brand, but it seems very similar to the gear they have at Threat Dynamics. They are definitely fun to use, but at that price I would go airsoft gas blow back.

I don't know about that brand, but it seems very similar to the gear they have at Threat Dynamics. They are definitely fun to use, but at that price I would go airsoft gas blow back.
One reason I didn't is that you can't reverse the mag release on air soft M9s and I also wanted to be using my actual weapon (I have two that are identical, same sights, hammer spring, etc). Also, i have an ir laser with my CoolFire that works with LASR to track hits.

One reason I didn't is that you can't reverse the mag release on air soft M9s and I also wanted to be using my actual weapon (I have two that are identical, same sights, hammer spring, etc). Also, i have an ir laser with my CoolFire that works with LASR to track hits.

I get that. I have this one as a trainer for my Glock and I really enjoy using it.

It's def calling me. I dry fire a lot but the tap/rack or cocking of the hammer just doesn't make it realistic.
a couple years ago, I had read they were having problems leaking. I was also hoping they would have an option for air vs CO2 (I used to paintball often, and air is much more consistent than CO2 but that looks like a non starter for the company.)
What kills me is the laser is another $100 so my cart total is $500. Don't even get free shipping. Crazy thing is, if they did a sale, I'd be on it lol.

Initial impression update.
This thing is fun! I'd say recoil is more than a .22 but less than 9mm.
it showed me instantly I pull my shot a bit under recoil.
normal dry fire, dead on. Under recoil, I moved. Gripped tighter, dead on.
also great to work trigger reset.
Did about 10 refills (think about 10 mags)
It was fun, I started shooting faster, and could run some target transition drills.
My GF liked it enough that I decided to order a barrel kit for my 92SF that she likes to shoot. That should co-signhow much I initially like it, they got another $300 from me! Lol
Hope it holds up long-term, but first impressions is this is a very good tool.

Right now I'm using disposable 90g bottles. They are ~$6 ea. ($12 Amazon delivered)
They are easy to store and convenient for my current set up (see storage of dry fire stuff)
Another good thing is easy warming. I get a big cup of hot water and warm the bottle. Warm CO2 works much better.

The refillable bottles (20-24s) are cheaper long-term but are: way bigger, use a different adapter to fill the unit, need to be filled, therefore hydro tested every few years and you kind of need a mug warmer to heat the bottle. Unfortunately I got rid of my CO2 when I switched to air paint balling.

Last Edited:
TD uses the Dvorak system. Very expensive. The coolfire system is a more affordable solution. I purchased one for my wife for Christmas (Yeah, I'm lucky). but we don't use it that often. We have full blowack C02 airsoft pistols we use for training (Glock, H&K USP and a few others). Point of note, they are now making frangible BB's so we purchased a couple CO2 Sig P365's .177 BB guns and can use indoor and outdoor practice. We're not talking ragged hole drills here as the accuracy isn't all that but for moving holster draw, cover, shooting from deep retention etc. All the training you CAN'T do at the range you can do here.

We're thinking about putting together a virtual version of our "escalation of defense" (Class: Escalation of Defense | Defensive Arts Center, Portland OR) where folks can pick up a SIRT or other CO2 blowback device mentioned above and get training weekly online in small groups. We cover a lot of material in that 12 week course. If anyone here is interested, let me know and I'll expedite the conversion of curriculum of that class.

There are some major perks that come from graduating that class. If you want to learn more, shoot me an email or use the contact form on the web site.

py-p-1477-air-venturi-dust-devil-bbs.gif Sig+Sauer+P365+CO2+Blowback+BB+Pistol+Open+Mag.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top