Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Cool experience

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kevatc, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a serendipitous experience today. My folks and I were driving from Laramie, WY to Cheyenne along the "old highway". About 15 miles out of Cheyenne pretty much in the middle of the prarie is a really cool bar/restaurant called The Bunkhouse. We intended to stop there so I could go inside since I had never been there.

As we pulled in I saw a small crowd gathered around of all things a fully decked out Humvee with a Ma-Deuce on top! Long story short, it was a
    gathering of former Special Forces soldiers. The Humvee came complete with 4 10th Special Forces Group soldiers who were on hand for some type of ceremony and demonstration.

Hummer50-2.jpg

Businessend.jpg

The SF guys were very friendly ... obviously! They had M4's, M9's, the sniper rifle out for show and tell.
    sniperrifle12.jpg

The guy in the turret is with his son (about 4 years old) who was asking him how "the big gun works". :thumbup: The guy was in civvies but was super nice and was the guy who took all the pics for me and offered up the show and tell for all the cool stuff.
    SF50cal2.jpg

Finally a pic of me and the Duke. BTW, just to the left was a table with a lot of expensive looking beverage on it. There was going to be some serous drinking going on!
    JWme2.jpg

2. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Looks like a ton of fun!!!

3. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Not the place to pick a fight!

4. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

Excellent.
    Mike

5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

6. GOG

GOG State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Cool beans! :thumbup:

7. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Parking dispute? What parking dispute?

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Like that 80s video game "Tank Commander" but only in real life. Jealous - looks like a blast.