JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks, maybe this has been addressed elsewhere and I just haven't seen it, but is there a general "forum name" for just contacting the mods en-masse if we have a question about the forum in general rather than just sending a PM to specific mods?

I have no particular issue to discuss at this time, but have in the past and didn't know if I should be trying to PM individual mods or if there was general mod forum name.

Thanks.

i am a member of many forums,guns,fishing etc. and these are by far the coolest moderators.they seldom chasten you for anything.
you gotta be pretty out of line to be talked to or accidently bump your post like i did too soon.

Really? I got an infraction once because I closed my add by clicking the "close add" button at the bottom of my add. And when you do that you have to add text in the field for it to work, so I wrote "sold". So for using the option they provided I got an infraction for bumping my add while closing it, versus a mod explaining a different way to do it. I know now how to do it , through no help from them of course. And another time I received about 5 likes on a comment just the other day about thanking someone for putting up a thread about fake optics that wasn't out of line what so ever, and a mod took it down. Tell me whats the point of that? I was under the impression that the members made up the site, not the mods. And I too am a member of many other forums, and would say the ones on here seem to be the most nit picky. So read this fast before its deleted. :)

I also got in trouble for the close add deal and after sending the mod two PMs I still didn't get an explanation as to why that close add button is even an option.
I felt stupid enough for bumping a thread that I closed and even dumber for getting in trouble, but I felt much better after being ignored.:s0114:

I also got in trouble for the close add deal and after sending the mod two PMs I still didn't get an explanation as to why that close add button is even an option.
I felt stupid enough for bumping a thread that I closed and even dumber for getting in trouble, but I felt much better after being ignored.:s0114:

I also sent the mod a PM, asking what the deal was and got nothing in return. You would think they would help members out, but instead they act like internet cops.
:bsflag:

You could try reporting one of your own posts and putting what you had to say in the comments. They all will see those.

Not sure if that's an acceptable use of the feature though.

im pretty new to the site(under a year)so i have only seen them do their best to make a great forum for us but maybe in the earlier days of the forum they were not really sure how to address these issues?who knows?

i was suspended on ifish for the word "pee"and another time for saying they should blow the dams up on the columbia to help fish passage,the mod on there said you cant make terrorist threats on here!
I said how is that a threat?i wasnt saying i was gonna blow it up! talk about picky with comments.
I will take these mods over ifish anyday.

scroll clear to the bottom of the page and there is a CONTACT US bar in the lower right corner. i have used it before and gotton my question resolved.

I'd be surprised if Cougfan2 didn't use that link. I agree with him about a way to contact the moderators as a group would be a great idea. I've used the link below and sometimes the response is delayed to the point of being useless. Now that I know how to determine who's a moderator, I'd probably try and contact more than one of them at the same time, but I believe it shouldn't be that difficult.

Really? I got an infraction once because I closed my add by clicking the "close add" button at the bottom of my add. And when you do that you have to add text in the field for it to work, so I wrote "sold". So for using the option they provided I got an infraction for bumping my add while closing it, versus a mod explaining a different way to do it. I know now how to do it , through no help from them of course. And another time I received about 5 likes on a comment just the other day about thanking someone for putting up a thread about fake optics that wasn't out of line what so ever, and a mod took it down. Tell me whats the point of that? I was under the impression that the members made up the site, not the mods. And I too am a member of many other forums, and would say the ones on here seem to be the most nit picky. So read this fast before its deleted. :)

I was warned for the same thing. I closed an add and also posted it as sold. I really don't know what the big deal is. It was actually on the seventh day. Of the forums I frequent, this is the only one that has the seven day rule. It seems odd to me that the largest, most popular firearm/hunting site on the internet is virtually not moderated and you can bump all you want. The members pretty much keep the site civil. Seems like others would notice. I like this site a lot and the owner has every right to do as he pleases.

I like this site a lot and the owner has every right to do as he pleases.

Agreed. I have chatted with Joey before, he seems like a good guy. And he does a great job with the site. It always seems like he takes input and proceeds accordingly with changes and what not. Again, to the OP, sorry for the thread jacking. :)

Hey folks, maybe this has been addressed elsewhere and I just haven't seen it, but is there a general "forum name" for just contacting the mods en-masse if we have a question about the forum in general rather than just sending a PM to specific mods?

I have no particular issue to discuss at this time, but have in the past and didn't know if I should be trying to PM individual mods or if there was general mod forum name.

Thanks.

I don't think there is a way to PM all the mods at once unless you type in each name.

You can PM me if you like. I usually reply quickly unless I'm at a gun show.

I'll start a new thread about the "SOLD" issue brought up in here.

Thanks to Coctailer and all who responded positively.

Coctailer, I wasn't sure if the "contact us" feature was the appropriate the appropriate place to post if I had a general questions for the mods or who actually responded to messages sent thru "contact us". Maybe you or one of the other mods can enlighten me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top