JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Along with the other comments, it appears the large zippered "concealment" pockets won't hold your pistol in a consistent position (like a belt holster does) so when you need to draw your pistol you're going to fumble around trying to find the grip.

I just wear a lightweight Seattle Mariners jacket most of the winter. It's front zip-up (I don't like pullover hoodies and such because I overheat and can't unzip to vent body heat). I used to carry IWB about 4:30- 5:00 o'clock but now I carry at 3:00 o'clock in either a IWB or OWB holster, depending on what I plan to be doing for the day. I went to 3:00 o'clock for a faster, more consist3ent draw from concealment. The Mariners jacket has worked for me for over two decades. I throw some change in the holster-side pocket to provide some mass to "sweep" out of the way when I draw. It allows me to achieve 3 shots in 3 seconds from concealment and land all three shots in an 8 inch target at 3 yards, which is the nominal response time to an unexpected armed assault.

Good luck!

Along with the other comments, it appears the large zippered "concealment" pockets won't hold your pistol in a consistent position (like a belt holster does) so when you need to draw your pistol you're going to fumble around trying to find the grip.

I just wear a lightweight Seattle Mariners jacket most of the winter. It's front zip-up (I don't like pullover hoodies and such because I overheat and can't unzip to vent body heat). I used to carry IWB about 4:30- 5:00 o'clock but now I carry at 3:00 o'clock in either a IWB or OWB holster, depending on what I plan to be doing for the day. I went to 3:00 o'clock for a faster, more consist3ent draw from concealment. The Mariners jacket has worked for me for over two decades. I throw some change in the holster-side pocket to provide some mass to "sweep" out of the way when I draw. It allows me to achieve 3 shots in 3 seconds from concealment and land all three shots in an 8 inch target at 3 yards, which is the nominal response time to an unexpected armed assault.

Good luck!

And you won't have to be worried about getting jacked for your Mariners jacket.

With the end of summer approaching, I was considering a new way to carry during the cooler months. Was wondering if anyone has experience with a concealment jacket or the one below? Thoughts on pros and cons. This is just a idea at the moment. I like the vest idea but, those stupid things are so tactical looking, they practically scream, "Hey look, I'm probably carrying a gun!":rolleyes:

I went down to Northwest Leather in Portland, OR and they were having a sale on motorcycle vests. They are heavy duty leather vests with deep pockets inside on both the right and left sides. You can put a full size 1911 in there in a pocket holster to keep it upright and nobody would be able to tell. Right now I think they are open by appointment only, so if you are interested, you should call them first. You can look up the number.

With the end of summer approaching, I was considering a new way to carry during the cooler months. Was wondering if anyone has experience with a concealment jacket or the one below? Thoughts on pros and cons. This is just a idea at the moment. I like the vest idea but, those stupid things are so tactical looking, they practically scream, "Hey look, I'm probably carrying a gun!":rolleyes:

Take a look at the Crossbreed Super Tuck. Best concealment holster I gave ever owned..
Best, Gary

Kakadu makes a great concealent vest. The hidden, easy access pockets have built-in holsters that accomodate many many different guns. It is as easy to tote a fully loaded 1911 as it is a J-frame Smith.

I have a winter coat, actually a surplus military coat (though the less observant don't know it's ex-military). Anyway, It has a built in, reinforced, specifically constructed breast pocket for a handgun. And, with the "correct handgun"......you can hardly tell it's there.

Rrrrright. So, consider the weight and size of your intended carry piece.

Aloha, Mark

Fall carry usually has me in a classic western Wool Sport Coat, which allows both IWB and or shoulder holster carry and provided complete coverage. I added a couple of 1 oz sinkers one to each bottom corner which keeps the jacket closed and allows a quick sweep to access and draw! It looks nice and doesn't stand out! I also wear a Ausi Outback Duster parka length, and it works the exact same way! :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top