JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the end of summer approaching, I was considering a new way to carry during the cooler months. Was wondering if anyone has experience with a concealment jacket or the one below? Thoughts on pros and cons. This is just a idea at the moment. I like the vest idea but, those stupid things are so tactical looking, they practically scream, "Hey look, I'm probably carrying a gun!":rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Seems gimmicky to me. If you go indoors in a public spot then you'll be forced to remove your gun also...no Bueno for me.
I agree with DB.

Plus: 1.) having to manipulate a zipper to access my pistol in an emergency will get me killed; 2.) the pistol is going to "weigh down" that side of the jacket - even a small EDC like a G43X or Sig P365 (both weighing about 20 ounces loaded) is going to pull the jacket down - making the jacket very uncomfortable and concealment questionable.

Not for me, but YMMV.

With the end of summer approaching, I was considering a new way to carry during the cooler months. Was wondering if anyone has experience with a concealment jacket or the one below? Thoughts on pros and cons. This is just a idea at the moment. I like the vest idea but, those stupid things are so tactical looking, they practically scream, "Hey look, I'm probably carrying a gun!":rolleyes:

Check out the NRA stuff several options and not too out of line on prices, I carry on my body not in something I may have to remove ..... Concealment Official Store of the National Rifle Association

The ONLY safe way for me to carry is to have my sidearm glued to my butt in a retention holster that doesn't move.

Getting my wallet, glasses, car keys, phone on my person and out the door in one motion was a challenge BEFORE the mask BS.

IWB, 4 O'Clock, always!

Again, I agree with DB. On the body - all the time. I'm an OWB guy. I carry under a casual, untucked, button-up shirt.

If you're a shirt tucked-in kinda guy, then during winter, pickup a very light wind breaker from Eddie Bauer or REI to wear under a heavier coat or parka. When you go indoors, peel off the heavier coat but keep the wind breaker on. Some of these wind breakers are super light, super thin and breathable. But that's all about working in a casual clothing situation. Work requiring more professional clothing is a different story.

BEFORE the mask
Dare to be different, wear this...

Lone Ranger.jpg

Whatever Jacket Paul Harrell has, thats the one I want. The dude could stow a B52 bomber in there.

But since his jacket probably doesnt come in a 4-5xl.. Ill stick with the Carharts. I really like their vests, as they have a few internal pockets great for a revolver or wallet and it doesnt really print. Same goes for their coats. The internal pockets are great for subcompacts

This pistol may not weight down the UTUC Tactical Concealed Carry Jacket. Might be a viable option.

View attachment 731483
Yes, viable option for shooting mosquitoes! :s0140:

I've carried for 19yrs now but, being disabled I rarely go anywhere anymore. Occasionally I visit someone and hit the super market maybe twice a month. I understand the thought of not wanting to separate your sidearm from your person. Thought about that myself so,, again this is just an idea. IWB is becoming uncomfortable to me as I age. (spare tire an all:s0060:) Have been thinking a high ride OWB with a light jacket or vest. Just having a hard time finding something that makes me happy.:rolleyes:

I hear ya, I used to carry in an OWB holster when I was younger cuz no one really freaked out about it but nowadays all the snowflakes melt at the sight of a GUNNNNN!!!!!
After a career ending back injury I couldn't wear a belt so I went with suspenders, larger pants and a super comfortable IWB holster from @Oregonholstercompany (free for vets a few years ago).;)
Or if I'm wearing shorts (get out those welding goggles) then I don the age old fanny pack...:s0140::s0140::s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top