JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This series addresses concealed carry in scrubs while in a medical work environment but contains excellent information for CCW across the board and is very much worth the time.

Your Concealment Context

Carry Position, Concealment Features, Comfort

Visual and Social Camouflage

Hmmm. Working in Healthcare my whole adult life. This would get someone fired in a hot second! Looks cool however. Most Hospital systems will not even allow any firearms on the property including the parking lots. Don't ask, don't tell.

Hmmm. Working in Healthcare my whole adult life. This would get someone fired in a hot second! Looks cool however. Most Hospital systems will not even allow any firearms on the property including the parking lots. Don't ask, don't tell.

There are plenty of people that are willing to accept that risk.

Outstanding series of videos - @titsonritz , thanks for posting the links.

The risk matrix analysis is solid thinking.
Gave information on holsters I'd never considered, besides that nurses carrying concealed is hot. :s0151:

Carrying at work is not an option for me, some of the places I go to have meter wave body scanners. Had to park offsite at a location this week because I had brass and loaded ammunition in the car. Verboten at Homeland Security controlled sites.

Carrying at work is not an option for me, some of the places I go to have meter wave body scanners. Had to park offsite at a location this week because I had brass and loaded ammunition in the car. Verboten at Homeland Security controlled sites.
I knew a guy back in the late 80's who worked as an operator at Hanford. He had to make sure he didn't even have stray brass on his person when working.

Once I realised she is married, I stopped watching. :oops:

She has great points but not worth the risk (for me). I knew a guy who carried a homemade blow-dart tranquilliser contraption to use against any would-be active shooter. The drugs the dart was laced with was a nasty elixir combo.

I knew a guy back in the late 80's who worked as an operator at Hanford. He had to make sure he didn't even have stray brass on his person when working.
Yeah, one site they found a spent 30-30 casing when doing a thorough vehicle inspection. Confiscated.
Another time, stopped in on my way back from the gunsmith with chambered and threaded barrels (no other parts), I declared them and was instructed to park offsite.
One site was at MARSEC 3, made me do stuff like remove my spare tire on inspection before letting me park in the visitor lot.

Will have to watch the stuff she did later but as for the "idea"? All my life I chose to do so. As with almost all things it seems to come down to brain power. Have known a few who carried at work and for some reason I never could get my head around they felt they needed to tell, and sometimes even show others. :confused: These guys of course would get kicked out.
Other is a couple times knew one who used such a poor choice of carry that they dropped the damn gun at an inopportune time. Again brain comes in.
For me? I never felt the need to show and tell, and never carried in such a way that the gun hit the deck when working. So when I have worked where I did not have to be searched to go? Carry was fine for me. Only way I would be "caught" is if I needed the gun to save my bacon. In that case they can of course fire me but, I will be alive to go get another job. After all I was looking for a job when I found that one :D
This has all my life gotten some SUPER exercised when I say this. To me this is just like the people who get over the top exercised that I choose to own a gun at all. If they do not like it don't do it. Really matters none to me what they choose to do. Why how I choose to live "bothers them" so much? Don't know, don't really care. :s0092:

They make something that looks similar to a jockstrap that can tuck a small pistol under the belt line. It might be called thunderwear or something like that. Seems like in a non permissive environment, with pants like scrubs, that would work well.

They make something that looks similar to a jockstrap that can tuck a small pistol under the belt line. It might be called thunderwear or something like that. Seems like in a non permissive environment, with pants like scrubs, that would work well.
There is Thunderwear and Smart Carry but they have their failing. I like what I see from the PHLster Enigma.

One time when I went to court, I left my guns in the safe in my truck but forgot about the extra magazine in my pocket-- As I cleared the metal detector the guard said, "really, you brought a loaded mag in here?", then I heard, 'Swarm, Swarm' and a bunch of cops surrounded me and took me for a little walk & talk, whoops

Guess I won't do that again because now with my CCW I can just check the whole gun at the courthouse on my way in

The hospital i work at has a don't ask don't tell policy - which is they won't ask and we don't tell but they are very supportive of those of us trained in the use to carry and protect if needed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top