JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WOW!! At 7:49 you PUT YOUR FINGER OVER THE MUZZLE OF THE REVOLVER........?????????

What's your point? The gun is unloaded and safe. Don't tell me you are one of these hysterical people that thinks all guns are deadly at all times. That would make important practice techniques such as dry firing a little difficult if you always believed that.

I guess you also never actually look into your barrel while cleaning your gun either.

What's your point? The gun is unloaded and safe. Don't tell me you are one of these hysterical people that thinks all guns are deadly at all times. That would make important practice techniques such as dry firing a little difficult if you always believed that.

I guess you also never actually look into your barrel while cleaning your gun either.

I guess it is personal habit. I am one of those sissies that always point the barrel in a safe direction and never puts any part of my body in front of the muzzle. I can't see how this attitude would preclude dry firing, but then I guess my level of expertise is not as lofty as yours. As for looking into the barrel, actually I do...but the barrel is out of the weapon at that time.

I guess it is personal habit. I am one of those sissies that always point the barrel in a safe direction and never puts any part of my body in front of the muzzle. I can't see how this attitude would preclude dry firing, but then I guess my level of expertise is not as lofty as yours. As for looking into the barrel, actually I do...but the barrel is out of the weapon at that time.

If you dry fire a gun you have to be pointing it somewhere...and pulling the trigger. You have to feel pretty certain the gun is safe to be doing that. Being afraid to handle an unloaded gun is like being afraid to stand in front of a parked car.

PS: You take the barrel out of a revolver when cleaning it?

If you dry fire a gun you have to be pointing it somewhere...and pulling the trigger. You have to feel pretty certain the gun is safe to be doing that. Being afraid to handle an unloaded gun is like being afraid to stand in front of a parked car.

PS: You take the barrel out of a revolver when cleaning it?

Really? You had to ask??? Don't own revolvers. And yes, but I'm assuming one would clear the weapon and point it in a safe direction before dry firing. In the vid you pulled the weapon from a holster and handled it. Just a minor point perhaps, but if you would have flipped the cylinder out to clear the weapon first it might have been a nice touch, but then again it is personal habit and preference. I come from a military and Federal law enforcement background where clearing a weapon as you pick it up is standard practice. As for your analogy, if you stand in front of an empty and engine dead parked car, you HAVE visually and aurally "cleared" it. No need to make this personal, I tried to keep it neutral.

Really? You had to ask??? Don't own revolvers. And yes, but I'm assuming one would clear the weapon and point it in a safe direction before dry firing. In the vid you pulled the weapon from a holster and handled it. Just a minor point perhaps, but if you would have flipped the cylinder out to clear the weapon first it might have been a nice touch, but then again it is personal habit and preference. I come from a military and Federal law enforcement background where clearing a weapon as you pick it up is standard practice. As for your analogy, if you stand in front of an empty and engine dead parked car, you HAVE visually and aurally "cleared" it. No need to make this personal, I tried to keep it neutral.
And did you not read the big announcement at the beginning of the video that clearly states all weapons were cleared and safety checked prior to filming?

Rant on: This site is starting to turn into reruns...People go out of their way to post/create informative stuff to check out...in response...thread after thread of pissing matches...what a bunch of crap...I'm getting this strange desire to go watch Dr Phil...m.u.s.t... r.e.s.i.s.t...Rant off.
Video was very informative...I was thinking about a shoulder rig, thanks for the insight...taking the time to make the vid, was appreciated.

good video - lots to ponder. I'll be watching it again when I actually start to carry. I think you're bang on the mark about printing for newbies tho. I suspect I'll be constantly thinking about it and wearing extra heavy clothes initially so that I get used to the idea and practice.

Not joking at all. I chooze who I consider an expert or highly knowledgeable carefully. Be Well

You might not want to let populairty choose who is and isn't an expert for you. I know some "experts" who I would not trust to clean my gun. They got where they are on exaggerated claims and lies. I also know some good ol' boys on this sight that I would trust without question.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top