JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen some older posts from previous years....

considering how these things change, I thought I'd see if anyone can give info

Clark County Fair website has the usual "no weapons or alcohol" statement.... (yet they sell alcohol)

anyhow, that sounds more like a suggestion than a legal mandate.

so, big question is, who has been?

Are they searching/wanding/metal detectors?????

I went to a concert recently and they had a detector to get into the area... But that was the amphitheater and went in some special way, not the general admission.

anyhow, anyone know how they're running the fair this year?

I went early yesterday (my wife won 2nd prize in her ceramics category!). Anyway, it was same as last year - they were searching bags & bagpacks, but no personal searches. Not sure if the procedure is any different at night. It's mostly families with kids during the day.

A few years ago I got an email from Chief Jeter of Puyallup PD. He said that the fair runs a metal detector at the entrance, but I can lock my off-duty weapon up in their lockers in a secure area of the fair. Do they still run metal detectors there?

Last Edited:
I went on Saturday and carried, had no issues. They were searching bags, but I was pushing a stroller and had a backpack in the stroller they didn't even check.

There was a sign that said no weapons, but it was out of the way and real specific

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top