Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

COMPLETE SURVIVALIST

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Sgt Nambu, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Picked up a copy of Complete Survivalist magazine (actually this is a special edition, Survive Without Fear Survivalist magazine ) tonight. Anyone familiar? It looks to be a slick publication, lots of slick ads too! It is comforting to know that it is written by such Heros as, "Sasquatch" Steve, "Halo" James and Martin "Moose" Magnusson! I'll read it and post an IMHO soon. By the way I like slick ads!

2. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Did you get that from malltard.com?
    Just kidding.. those "nick"-names are a hoot. I wonder what they'd a called Jim Bridger or whatnot.

3. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

In no time at all your breasts will be larger and fuller, your penis will be larger and harder, you will have the libido of a wild dingo, your body will be 5% fat by weight and women everywhere will love you for your long flowing locks!

Life is a long series of crisis', collapses, failures, and near death experiences. The fact that any of us are still alive is testament to statistics, luck, and ingenuity.

The more time passes, the less I am impressed by survivalist how-to books. The one thing I don't see a lot of them advocating is going out and actually trying those survival skills. SHTF every day, it's just a matter of scope and severity that lets most of us continue on like nothing happened.

bcdon and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I need to re-read some James Fenimore Cooper. I know.. romantic and all.
    Better than the latest survival guru touting carrying two rat traps in your back pockets (true.. that military guy from the last "dual survival" deal).

5. Sgt Nambu

Too true! The most important attribute of the human race.......accidental survival!

6. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

"Urban Alert - Emergency Survival for city dwellers by Mary Ellen Clayton" c1982 Paladan Press
    "Thinking about Survival by Bruce Clayton" c1984 Paladan Press
    These two books impressed me a lot.
    Urban Alert suggests planning and preparing, staying or going, what to bring etc, practicing by shutting off power etc.
    Thinking about Survival suggests finding a rural community and preparing to survive in-place, as well as helping your neighbors to survive. Spreading your rations as wages to form a buffer zone of homes around yours, your neighbors having an active interest in protecting the groceries. Well thought out.
    Also some books online
    Books/Manuals « ModernSurvivalOnline.com

7. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

8. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

You know, now that I look at them, My Boobs are Huge!
    Not so much down stairs, and I'm still bald :(

9. Sgt Nambu

Perhaps Martin "Moose" Magnusson will write an article about solutions for that down stairs area! I could use one too!

10. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

Agreed...I find more use from the older Ragnar Benson titles that I do these newer SHTF books.

SAS Survival is a great book...then just get some Homesteading books, Medical books (MERCK Manual, Where There is No Doctor/Dentist) and you're set. Rest just seams like crap now-a-days.

11. Sgt Nambu

Yeah, I read the mag over the weekend, not that impressed. Seemed pretty shallow compared to the old Survival Guide Magazine.