JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up a copy of Complete Survivalist magazine (actually this is a special edition, Survive Without Fear Survivalist magazine ) tonight. Anyone familiar? It looks to be a slick publication, lots of slick ads too! It is comforting to know that it is written by such Heros as, "Sasquatch" Steve, "Halo" James and Martin "Moose" Magnusson! I'll read it and post an IMHO soon. By the way I like slick ads!

Did you get that from malltard.com?
Just kidding.. those "nick"-names are a hoot. I wonder what they'd a called Jim Bridger or whatnot.

In no time at all your breasts will be larger and fuller, your penis will be larger and harder, you will have the libido of a wild dingo, your body will be 5% fat by weight and women everywhere will love you for your long flowing locks!

Life is a long series of crisis', collapses, failures, and near death experiences. The fact that any of us are still alive is testament to statistics, luck, and ingenuity.

The more time passes, the less I am impressed by survivalist how-to books. The one thing I don't see a lot of them advocating is going out and actually trying those survival skills. SHTF every day, it's just a matter of scope and severity that lets most of us continue on like nothing happened.

I need to re-read some James Fenimore Cooper. I know.. romantic and all.
Better than the latest survival guru touting carrying two rat traps in your back pockets (true.. that military guy from the last "dual survival" deal).

In no time at all your breasts will be larger and fuller, your penis will be larger and harder, you will have the libido of a wild dingo, your body will be 5% fat by weight and women everywhere will love you for your long flowing locks!

Life is a long series of crisis', collapses, failures, and near death experiences. The fact that any of us are still alive is testament to statistics, luck, and ingenuity.

The more time passes, the less I am impressed by survivalist how-to books. The one thing I don't see a lot of them advocating is going out and actually trying those survival skills. SHTF every day, it's just a matter of scope and severity that lets most of us continue on like nothing happened.

Too true! The most important attribute of the human race.......accidental survival!

"Urban Alert - Emergency Survival for city dwellers by Mary Ellen Clayton" c1982 Paladan Press
"Thinking about Survival by Bruce Clayton" c1984 Paladan Press
These two books impressed me a lot.
Urban Alert suggests planning and preparing, staying or going, what to bring etc, practicing by shutting off power etc.
Thinking about Survival suggests finding a rural community and preparing to survive in-place, as well as helping your neighbors to survive. Spreading your rations as wages to form a buffer zone of homes around yours, your neighbors having an active interest in protecting the groceries. Well thought out.
Also some books online
Books/Manuals « ModernSurvivalOnline.com

Agreed...I find more use from the older Ragnar Benson titles that I do these newer SHTF books.

SAS Survival is a great book...then just get some Homesteading books, Medical books (MERCK Manual, Where There is No Doctor/Dentist) and you're set. Rest just seams like crap now-a-days.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top