JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know much about IDPA matches in the area but if you ever want to try IPSC or Speed Steel let me know. It doesn't take much to start. There are even divisions for stock Glocks, M&P, etc.

I'd almost say to try Speed Steel first. It will get you used to how a match works. No running and gunning but you learn all the commands and procedures.

Here's a link to the Columbia Cascade Section for IPSC Columbia Cascade Section - USPSA

This one is for Oregon Speed Steel http://www.orss.org/

IDPA, Speed Steel, and Practical Rifle (think IDPA with rifles) are open to non-members at TCGC.

The PR orientation is at 1400 (not 1405) tomorrow at the TCGC Action Rifle range. You have to pass orientation before being able to shoot the match Saturday.

H

I don't know much about IDPA matches in the area but if you ever want to try IPSC or Speed Steel let me know. It doesn't take much to start. There are even divisions for stock Glocks, M&P, etc.

I'd almost say to try Speed Steel first. It will get you used to how a match works. No running and gunning but you learn all the commands and procedures.

Here's a link to the Columbia Cascade Section for IPSC Columbia Cascade Section - USPSA

This one is for Oregon Speed Steel http://www.orss.org/

Thanks for the tips! I just sent you a PM for a bit more info.

IDPA, Speed Steel, and Practical Rifle (think IDPA with rifles) are open to non-members at TCGC.

The PR orientation is at 1400 (not 1405) tomorrow at the TCGC Action Rifle range. You have to pass orientation before being able to shoot the match Saturday.

H

Is orientation required for every match?

The Practical Rifle orientation on the Friday afternoon before the Practical Rifle match is the only one other than on a match day. The IDPA match will run a "orientation" about a 1/2 hr before the Saturday morning match for the new shooters. I am thinkin Speed Steel does something similar......

re: speed steel at tri county,they ask for a show of hands of 'newbies',and they make sure they have an experienced mentor with them.
if ur in the area this coming sunday,they Man of Steel match will be running.its' full,but you'd get an idea of how much fun it is.

Generally no, one orientation is all that is required. i think for PR, if you do not do a match for 12 months you need to redo the orientation. IDPA has a new shooter briefing before each match, can you can attend before each match if you want.

Shaun Hescock [email protected] runs the IDPA matches at the Tri-County Gun Club. They have a match on the 1st Saturday of the month.

My name is Shaun Hescock. I'm the director of the IDPA program at Tri-County. Our matches are now the second Sunday of the month. We are implementing an orientation to familiarize people with the rules the day before the match. My contact email is [email protected]. Please email me at least a week before the match if you intend to shoot or would like to come out and watch. Please find out match information at:

TC DPL

or

www.facebook.com/tcdpl

Thank you for your interest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show