JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Killing time and came across this thread. Did you find one?

It's not what you are asking for but I have This wall lock and it's stashed behind clothes in the closet. I used high security screws into the studs. I have considered filling the heads of the screws with solder as an added security step.

It's not what you are asking for but I have This wall lock and it's stashed behind clothes in the closet. I used high security screws into the studs. I have considered filling the heads of the screws with solder as an added security step.
If it slips between the wall studs on either side, screw from inside the safe into the studs - hidden secure attachment.

Why bother?
The thief who pries your safe out of the wall won't give a damn and don't say screws, get lag bolts and fender washers

I haven't purchased one yet, but still planning on it (when I finish a new gun build I will need one more storage slot). So far the best option Ive found is the Fast Box Secure It previously mentioned or a 5 gun cabinet from Home Depot, but neither are true safes. I might end up buying a small "10" gun safe that while is bigger is one I can still move around myself.

For the money, your wall lock has merit for temporary storage. I don't think I would go on vacation with a gun stored in that though but its tempting to get one to stage a gun when I'm home. It reminds me of the ARmA15 lock, for a bit more but its wall stud mounting screws cant be accessed when the rifle is installed.

I haven't purchased one yet, but still planning on it (when I finish a new gun build I will need one more storage slot). So far the best option Ive found is the Fast Box Secure It previously mentioned or a 5 gun cabinet from Home Depot, but neither are true safes. I might end up buying a small "10" gun safe that while is bigger is one I can still move around myself.

For the money, your wall lock has merit for temporary storage. I don't think I would go on vacation with a gun stored in that though but its tempting to get one to stage a gun when I'm home. It reminds me of the ARmA15 lock, for a bit more but its wall stud mounting screws cant be accessed when the rifle is installed.
I have a sports afield (14 gun i think) in my garage that I can move by myself. The one I shared is staged in the bedroom for the shotgun. It goes in the safe as needed.

I have one ARmA15 lock in my guest room closet. It works quite well and I have a movement Master lock for quick access but I also have a keypad lock as well. If I am doing yardwork then I will use the keyed lock but change it out to movement lock when I am inside. If I leave then I put my AR in my safe. When I get home then I will put one my ARs in the ARmA15 lock again.

I have one ARmA15 lock in my guest room closet. It works quite well and I have a movement Master lock for quick access but I also have a keypad lock as well. If I am doing yardwork then I will use the keyed lock but change it out to movement lock when I am inside. If I leave then I put my AR in my safe. When I get home then I will put one my ARs in the ARmA15 lock again.
Do you trust the Movement Master lock?
this is how I want to use a compact safe or wall mount but Ive been skeptical of using a master lock.

what about this one?

1672469774847.png

The secret to using a safe like that is mounting it in a place where it would be very difficult to use a long pry bar.
Build it into the back of a deep narrow closet, or under some stairs where the supports block pry bars. I have a Stackon ten gun that I bought for use in an RV. But now I keep ammo in it. Its in a corner of the garage behind the Water Heater. DR

Do you trust the Movement Master lock?
this is how I want to use a compact safe or wall mount but Ive been skeptical of using a master lock.
For quick access I do. You can program the movements but you need to write them down. I have two locks so one is movement for quick access and other is a keyed padlock. Has I said, when I leave the house my AR goes back in my safe. You can use a regular padlock as well just be sure you can store the key safel place where you can get to it quickly or have on on your person at all times.

Last Edited:
@Tony617 thanks for your input on the Arma15.... it doesnt solve my storage needs but Ive always wanted a fast access wall mount so I purchased one. Ive had my eye on the ARma15 or a Shotlock for a while but but Arma15 is more affordable and Im not certain a scoped rifle would fit the Shotlock.

I still need a secure enclosed storage safe.....

I still need a secure enclosed storage safe..... I bought a new rifle and now am 1 rifle over my current safe capacity and its frustratingly slow gently leaning things against each other, (and this year will be adding at least one more rifle).

The Fastbox is a really good options for enclosed fast access locker discussed here, I really really like the Fastbox products but I'm not certain I would trust if for permanent storage when I'm away traveling? How long would it take to pry that door apart?

Forgive me here, Guys and Ladies, but I'm have a REAL hard time trying to figure out why ANY American would need a 'two rifle safe'. Most 'mercans of MY acquaintance have a few walk-ins, stacked floor to roof with all kinds of stuff.

Hell, over here where there are supposedly no guns of any kind, even I have three!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top