JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I traded into a "first Gen Colt SAA" but both my brother and I have some doubts as to whether or not it is an authentic Colt.

Here is what I know...
The S/N is 372XX
This number can be found on the frame, grip and trigger guard.
All the barrel says is Colt .44-40
The frame under the grip has a "67" stamp as does the back strap and the cylinder.
The barrel is 4 3/4" long.
I have not been able to find any other markings on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Adam

I'll post pictures soon.

heres' some info from a Cowboy shooter,might help.

If your serial number does not contain an "SA" then it is a 1st-generation. If it has an "SA" suffix (175xxx SA) then it is a 2nd-generation. An "SA" prefix (SA 175xxx) would make it a 3d-generation (1975-1993). After that, Colt used a split serial number (S 175xxx A).

A real 44/40 1st gen SAA would normally say "Frontier Six Shooter" on the side of the Bbl. The colt address should be in 2 different lines on the top of the bbl. on a 4 3/4" gun. Your serial # puts it around 1877. Does your gun have a spring loaded button to release the cylinder pin ?

A real 44/40 1st gen SAA would normally say "Frontier Six Shooter" on the side of the Bbl. The colt address should be in 2 different lines on the top of the bbl. on a 4 3/4" gun. Your serial # puts it around 1877. Does your gun have a spring loaded button to release the cylinder pin ?

It has a cylinder pin. a screw holds it in place. it is with a gunsmith right now who is as stumped with it as I am, but I will post pictures as soon as I get it back.
Thanks guys!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads