JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I traded into a "first Gen Colt SAA" but both my brother and I have some doubts as to whether or not it is an authentic Colt.

Here is what I know...
The S/N is 372XX
This number can be found on the frame, grip and trigger guard.
All the barrel says is Colt .44-40
The frame under the grip has a "67" stamp as does the back strap and the cylinder.
The barrel is 4 3/4" long.
I have not been able to find any other markings on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
-Adam

I'll post pictures soon.

heres' some info from a Cowboy shooter,might help.

If your serial number does not contain an "SA" then it is a 1st-generation. If it has an "SA" suffix (175xxx SA) then it is a 2nd-generation. An "SA" prefix (SA 175xxx) would make it a 3d-generation (1975-1993). After that, Colt used a split serial number (S 175xxx A).

A real 44/40 1st gen SAA would normally say "Frontier Six Shooter" on the side of the Bbl. The colt address should be in 2 different lines on the top of the bbl. on a 4 3/4" gun. Your serial # puts it around 1877. Does your gun have a spring loaded button to release the cylinder pin ?

A real 44/40 1st gen SAA would normally say "Frontier Six Shooter" on the side of the Bbl. The colt address should be in 2 different lines on the top of the bbl. on a 4 3/4" gun. Your serial # puts it around 1877. Does your gun have a spring loaded button to release the cylinder pin ?

It has a cylinder pin. a screw holds it in place. it is with a gunsmith right now who is as stumped with it as I am, but I will post pictures as soon as I get it back.
Thanks guys!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top