JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the last two weeks I have had to call customer service five times. Nothing to do with the quality of their products, I am looking at getting some custom work done, hunting down a bit of history on one rifle and ordering parts for another pistol. I have had once that it has taken less than 10 minutes for someone to pick up! The other four times I have had to wait and wait and wait. Once I just gave up and went to Brownells for parts.

Anyone else have better luck with them? This won’t change my drive to own one of all their guns, it’s just annoying.

I have a Anaconda I just got and the barrel is off center a bit . Called them this morning waited about 8 to 10 mins. to be told they only warranty for the original owner. Hell I have a RIA I bought used for $400 they have no problem with warranty work. Last Colt for me I think.

EVO 4G

Any time I need something from Colt, I send them an e-mail with my contact information... and before e-mail existed, a registered letter.
If I just need a part, I give them the gun SN and model, and the part number. If I need to communicate with the service department, I refer to my contact information and request that they respond, at their convenience by phone (within a time parameter) or by e-mail.
The folks at Colt have never failed, in the past 40 years, to respond to me in a reasonable time frame.

A bit over a month ago, I sent an e-mail regarding an upgrade dowel pin for the Elliason sight on Gold Cup models... asking if they'd improved on the previous, terrible hollow roll pin. This was actually a fishing expedition on my part.
Nine days later, I received an e-mail stating that some new style pins were in the mail. Twelve days later, an envelope containing the slightly bowed, sold pins showed up in my mailbox.
This sounds like not such a big deal, but someone read my e-mail, didn't blow me off, tracked down the appropriate individual that knew about the upgraded pins, grabbed a few, stuck them in an envelope and mailed them to me free of charge... and followed up with an e-mail response.

I'd tell you the story about how, several years ago, Colt CS tracked down an original Swartz safety part for my father's 1937 National Match, sent it to me with an invoice that said "If this works for you, please remit $17 to Colt customer service"... but it would take longer than the first story. :s0114:

I'll take Colt customer service any day.

Colt's Custom Shop does great work. Only problem is, they're so popular now, the wait time is loooonnnnngggg ... And if you check on the 1911Forum, Brent is a member and actively participates in many discussions, will answer any questions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top