JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Seeing what kind of interest there is in my Colt Combat Government MK IV Series 80. Serial # which I've blurred out in the photo is FG4XXXX.

I've not shot it, only field stripped, cleaned and oiled it, and put in full-length guide rod to take away the rattle.

Great condition, except small idiot mark (not mine), and small mark on right side of slide where meets frame (see pic). Extended slide release, white outline rear sight, front strap grooves, wood grips in excellent condition, shiny/clean bore, beveled mag opening, and 2 Colt mags in fair condition. Don't know if the beavertail grip safety or mainspring housing is original. Trigger break is fairly crisp.

This isn't the "Special Combat" model, but seems to be a bit rarer than a regular Colt, anyway. My google search results suggest this one was made in the mid-1980s.

Asking $800.00, and add $25.00 if you'd like it with the stainless full length guide rod currently in it.

Someone on Gunbroker has his Combat Government for sale at $959, but it's a later serial #. His doesn't have the front strap grooves, but has different hammer and trigger. Beavertail looks the same

FTF in Oregon to Oregon resident with ODL, with Oregon carry concealed permit preferred. Thanks.

20140219_195253.jpg

20140220_091856.jpg

20140221_203942.jpg

20140221_203950(0).jpg

20140221_204039.jpg

Last Edited:
Thanks for the inquiry. I'd like to take a trade, but unless it's something really "good," I'd prefer just cash. (The wife has requested we get new carpet installed....)

"Take away the rattle" means that with the FLGrod the slide to frame fits a bit tighter.

From my handling of older Colts, and what I've read and heard from other guys, older 1911s might rattle a bit because the slide to frame fit is looser than a newer 1911, like a Kimber or Sig (which some say is almost too tight).

Just Google search for "Colt rattle" and you'll get results such as, "The Famous Colt Rattle," etc. Regardless, if this doesn't sell, when the weather gets better I'll probably see if this thing shoots better with the FLGR, or with a Wilson Combat Flat wire recoil spring/G.I. rod set up.

If you change your mind and would consider selling this Colt to someone from Illinois, let me know. I have an FFL who will do the transfer on my end. Thanks.

Seeing what kind of interest there is in my Colt Combat Government MK IV Series 80. Serial # which I've blurred out in the photo is FG4XXXX.

I've not shot it, only field stripped, cleaned and oiled it, and put in full-length guide rod to take away the rattle.

Great condition, except small idiot mark (not mine), and small mark on right side of slide where meets frame (see pic). Extended slide release, white outline rear sight, front strap grooves, wood grips in excellent condition, shiny/clean bore, beveled mag opening, and 2 Colt mags in fair condition. Don't know if the beavertail grip safety or mainspring housing is original. Trigger break is fairly crisp.

This isn't the "Special Combat" model, but seems to be a bit rarer than a regular Colt, anyway. My google search results suggest this one was made in the mid-1980s.

Asking $800.00, and add $25.00 if you'd like it with the stainless full length guide rod currently in it.

Someone on Gunbroker has his Combat Government for sale at $959, but it's a later serial #. His doesn't have the front strap grooves, but has different hammer and trigger. Beavertail looks the same

FTF in Oregon to Oregon resident with ODL, with Oregon carry concealed permit preferred. Thanks.

"Take away the rattle" means that with the FLGrod the slide to frame fits a bit tighter. From my handling of older Colts, and what I've read and heard from other guys, older 1911s might rattle a bit because the slide to frame fit is looser than a newer 1911, like a Kimber or Sig (which some say is almost too tight).

Just Google search for "Colt rattle" and you'll get results such as, "The Famous Colt Rattle," etc.

FYI,

My Colt Gold Cup has NO RATTLE.......any semi auto with lots of use may develop some slop in the slide to frame fit. But this is not unique to Colts.

FYI,

My Colt Gold Cup has NO RATTLE.......any semi auto with lots of use may develop some slop in the slide to frame fit. But this is not unique to Colts.

True. Don't forget there seems to be such a large number of older Colts out there (which have been shot a lot), that they're more likely to be associated with having a rattle -- hence the high number of Google search results. Regardless, a FLGR might eliminate the rattle.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.