JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Noticed today when I step that the trigger rattles.
Compared to my sons Kimber, the trigger on mine seems loose.
I guess I just never noticed it before.
Haven't done a search on the issue because I don't know if I'm using the right terminology.
Any ideas?

Stop comparing a real 1911 to Kimbers.

I wouldn't have a Kimber if you gave it to me. I'd sell it and buy a real weapon.

Yeah, this^^

If your'e concerned about it it I'll be happy to take it off your hands. But in the interest of fulll disclosure, I have several Colt 1911's and even an Ed Brown (read no Kimbers (ever, ever again)) and they all rattle. Some more so than others. So if a 1911 "rattles" it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Again, let me know if you want to get rid of it. :D

If the trigger rattles you could have a competent gunsmith fit a new trigger. It isn't too hard. My main concern would be that works. My Colt 1991A1 had a plastic trigger so I fitted a metal trigger instead. Just my preference.

hker71

Nope, nope, nope....not for sale.
I made that mistake with two other firearms. :nuts:
It has a plastic trigger.
If you have a metal one, can you measure its thickness and I'll measure mine? :rolleyes:

There are articles on line showing how to fit triggers. I can't remember the brand I bought. Basically you start fitting it by putting it in backwards (bow first). Then you stone the trigger down slowly until it fits going in the correct way. I know my trigger is a long trigger. There are three options (short, medium and long) based on your trigger preference. The original 1911s had short triggers. After you are done fitting the trigger you still have to make sure the pistol functions (and functions safely).

hker71

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads