JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always found these neat-o. Not sure why. Maybe it is the penchant for light carbines and subguns and how the concept manifested in the mid-19th century. Anyway, I found it interesting, so passing it along. Cheers. :)

And, now you know why I love these so much and have made it my mission to collect as many as can be found! :D
I currently own 8 of them, including SN 436 of the first series pre war rifles!

F802E969-E2EF-483E-A451-1BE26CD458EC.jpeg

Actually, to be fair, only 1 is original ( mostly) as issued, the rest are all ether parts/pieces made into functioning firearms, or originals that had been modified at some point in their existence! Seems there is a sort of "dumping" of old collectable firearms into the market lately, and I'm discovering these Colts were quite popular on the west coast, likely due to the expansion that took place after the war of northern aggression!
Don't forget, Colt made over 4 million of these, so there are still a lot of them around!
I do enjoy them, and it's a fun journey of discovery when you find one and look at how it was modified for use back in it's day!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top