JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What are you talking about? It's already THERE, and some of the alleged "Right" are helping the Left do it hoping that they'll appease the hungry alligator before it runs out of other potential lunches...
I guess what I am talking about is in my opinion we have not seen the full extent of evil that's comming our way. Being part of the gun culture we are a target and I wonder how many here have made top of the list.

At my age it doesn't matter what I say but folks younger than me are building a record on the net that will follow them through life.

Truth has a cost. :s0093:

At my age it doesn't matter what I say but folks younger than me are building a record on the net that will follow them through life.

Truth has a cost. :s0093:
I believe Voltaire once said, "It is dangerous to be right when those in power are wrong." I grew up among two particularly-hated sectors of the veteran community, USAF Air Defense Command and SAC, so I assume I'm already way up on the Kill List despite being a deskbound wonk.

Lets be careful with terms and labels here on NWFA , regardless of what term or label is used in a posted link.

Some terms , labels , phrases and the like are subjective at best....and serve as means to cause divisions and sow discord here on the forum at the worst.

Please note that I am not saying that one can't say their piece here...
I am saying do so respectfully and within forum rules.

Doing so otherwise will :

Simply give more "ammo" as it were to those on here , who only post to cause more issues ...

Drive away those who truly want a discussion , even if opinions differ...

And will be part of the reasons why a thread gets closed.
Andy
Sorry. I have to respectfully disagree. There is one group of people who are routinely passing these unconstitutional laws. ALL OF THEM. Every single gun control measure comes from the same place... And in a poetic twist of irony, they are the most intolerant and illiberal demographic in our culture.

Anyone on this board who supports that brand of politics, I frankly question what they are doing here. They are literally aligned with a belief system working against their own interests as gun owners and shooting sports enthusuasts.

I don't see the problem calling them what they are: statist authoritarians who worship at the collectivist altar of the government nanny and whom proffer nothing but layer upon layer of needless bureaucracy collapsing under the weight of its own good intentions.

This is not simply a matter of a difference of opinion: Our rights are under assault by these people. Daily. And if we don't push back on them and their preposterously stupid ideas, we've frankly nobody to blame but ourselves as the nannies hold us a gunpoint in our living rooms as they dutifully relieve us of our natural rights.

My $0.02. YMMV.

Last Edited:
I believe Voltaire once said, "It is dangerous to be right when those in power are wrong." I grew up among two particularly-hated sectors of the veteran community, USAF Air Defense Command and SAC, so I assume I'm already way up on the Kill List despite being a deskbound wonk.
It's a big list friend and every gun lover is on it for the simple reason it's freedom to own a gun. It's always been that way in my lifetime, a man just doesn't want to be on top of the list :D

Last Edited:
I know what you typed, your definition of a true conservative is narrow. Not everyone is gonna agree with you. plus these people are in power to do something and were voted in by republicans constituents. They're vote counts for where they live, more than an opinion of what true conservatives is.
FWIW: Our constitutional rights are not subject to popular opinion. There is one demographic routinely assaulting the Constitution. They are usually found closer to the country's tallest buildings. And once you let that genie out of the bottle, he fights like hell to not get stuffed back in.

Sorry. I have to respectfully disagree. There is one group of people who are routinely passing these unconstitutional laws. ALL OF THEM. Every single gun control measure comes from the same place... And in a poetic twist of irony, they are the most intolerant and illiberal demographic in our culture.

Anyone on this board who supports that brand of politics, I frankly question what they are doing here. They are literally aligned with a belief system working against their own interests as gun owners and shooting sports enthusuasts.

I don't see the problem calling them what they are: statist authoritarians who worship at the collectivist altar of the government nanny and whom proffer nothing but layer upon layer of needless bureaucracy collapsing under the weight of its own good intentions.

This is not simply a matter of a difference of opinion: Our rights are under assault by these people. Daily. And if we don't push back on them and their preposterously stupid iseas, we've frankly nobody to blame but ourselves.

My $0.02. YMMV.
Just opinion but I believe the problem the board has is some folks see shooting as purely a hobby they would give up when told to. Some folks see guns as a God given right they would die for.

That's a big difference and fire and water don't mix well.

The moderator ends up in the middle.:s0093:

Just opinion but I believe the problem the board has is some folks see shooting as purely a hobby they would give up when told to. Some folks see guns as a God given right they would die for.

That's a big difference and fire and water don't mix well.

The moderator ends up in the middle.:s0093:
In my very humble opinion, anyone who wishes to disarm me (by extension, us) -- a law-abiding responsible adult citizen who is a member of the least criminal demographic in the nation -- doesn't belong on a gun forum. And that includes the defacto disarmament that is the current gun-grab strategy by cynically emplacing myriad impediments in the way for lawful gun owners. Frankly, screw them. Bubblegum with extreme prejudice.

But, as the sign on the campus table says: "change my mind."

In my very humble opinion, anyone who wishes to disarm me -- a law-abiding responsible adult citizen who is a member of the least criminal demographic in the nation -- doesn't belong on a gun forum. And that includes the defacto disarmament that is the current gun-grab strategy by cynically emplacing myriad impediments in the way for lawful gun owners. Frankly, screw them. Bubblegum with extreme prejudice.

But, as the sign on the campus table says: "change my mind."
I guess the only place for the hobbyist is to stay out of conversations. Hopefully some sense gets talked into them but frankly the hobbyist is more apt to vote against our rights than for them.

When they open the site it's for gun lovers but a lot of us guys see it as much bigger than just owning a gun. I don't have the answer, but know the world has an answer headed this way. Hard times create believers. :s0093:

Andy is really herding cats today...

cowboys-herding-cats-og1.png

Since my post is the only one with actual text prior to your post @Andy54Hawken , I apologize if "insane" was too harsh. It was not directed at a political party since city councils are generally non-partisan, but rather at any human that:
  • Admits to passing a law that will have no effect on reducing crime
  • Creating a law that specifically imposes on a group that does not believe as they do
  • Taxes something protected by the 2nd amendment (except in their state)
  • Requires "insurance" for s specific type of liability, again, because the "feel" something is dangerous
  • Does not do anything to address the specific nature of their crime problem
  • Created a law from a terrible crime because they had to do "something"
  • Allows officers to confiscate guns from non-compliant residents, not because they did something violent, but because they did not register, pay a fee or insure themselves (by the way, for a type of insurance that could be impossible to obtain)
I completely respect your direction and in the future I'll just post what they are doing and let everyone decide on the correct verbiage for the actions. I think Mr. Noir did that anyway.
My sincerely humble apology,
Will
Hmh. City councils non-partisan? Have you been to Portland? Seattle? Heck, Bend? Nothing but partisans, frankly.

Interesting, liability insurance and a fee (tax) to exercise a civil right, in this case the Second Amendment…. Me thinks, should this find its way through the courts, it most likely would not stand up to constitutional scrutiny….
One would hope there are at least five rational beings in that star chamber.

Laws are only effective if someone wishes to abide by them.
Criminals , by their actions do not abide by laws...
So adding more laws won't prevent crime , reduce violence or anything else.

Also it has been said to not judge a whole group by the actions of a few within a group.
Judging all gun owners by the actions of a few within their group is somehow okay...?

With that said...

Criminals are not gun owners...as in they don't "own" the firearm they use in their crimes.
So why should gun owners have to suffer the consequences for the actions of criminals...?

Consequences such as more laws , bans , requirements and the like that are going to be by-passed by the criminal...the guy actually causing the problem...But we as gun owners will be made to obey.
Andy
I think we should just make a law banning murder. That would end all gun violence!

It really is a case of the jerks that ruin it for everyone, coupled with this inane thinking that complex problems can be simply fixed by throwing darts at a wall (enacting more and more laws) hoping one might hit the mark.

I see laws as 'effective' if they are actually enforced, and harsh penalties applied.

Look at countries where they cut one's balls off for spitting on the street (hyperbole). Guess what? There's not a lot of people spitting in the streets over there.

Make crimes committed with firearms among the severest of penalties. Rob someone with a firearm? 20-year minimum. Criminally assault someone with a firearm 30-year minimum. Murder someone with a firearm - Life w/ no chance of parole.

We have enough laws. We need to enforce them, and make the penalties harsher. Violent criminals belong in jail, and those thinking about becoming a violent criminal; they might want to seriously consider the consequences.

The issue is that there are certain legislators that feel that such harsh penalties would disproportionally affect those perceived as being disadvantaged in society.

I say hogwash. You put the incentive out there that "mess around and some of the best years of your life are going to be making license plates and busting up rocks in the clink...."
100%. And any rational observer would conclude that removing bad actors from society would tend to realize the objective of reducing acts of violence. If only that were the objective.

The real objective is proffering a double-ended fallacy: one that inanimate objects are the cause of violence; the other that the people who commit the majority of the violence are not actually responsible for committing the violence. And the more we expose the abject lies, the more they double down. This is how the mayor of Chicago, for example, can blame a homicide epidemic in its city on the state of Indiana with a straight face. And how the Fourth Estate can nod along like bobble-headed lapdogs in obedient agreement. "Preach, sister!"

Last Edited:
People of their ideology have played the 'death by a thousand cuts' game for more than 100 years.

Enough is never enough until the end goal of civilian disarmament is achieved, then you can report to your re-education camp to help rid yourself of those dangerous ideas.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top