JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In theory, the concept of being able to ask for the ability to purchase firearms to be suspended because you're in an uncertain situation makes some sense. But it only makes sense in a society that doesn't permanently hold that against you for the rest of your life. Our country would make your choice part of a permanent profile and subject you to undue scrutiny long after you had gotten past your troubled times. The government just can't help themselves. Part of it is because we're not really interested in helping the mentally ill get better and don't treat it like it's something people can get past. I'd wager there isn't a soul on earth that hasn't had a dark thought at some juncture. People can heal emotionally with the right supports but we treat it as an ongoing disability and the government is NEVER going to let it go.

How often do we restore the rights of felons decades later, even if it was the most minor felony ever? The marks the government puts on you are more permanent than a tattoo.

Last Edited:
"Democrats have pushed yet another troubling gun control bill through the House Judiciary committee, setting it up for a floor vote. The bill is H.R.8361 – Preventing Suicide Through Voluntary Firearm Purchase Delay Act."

This is just another BS idea by dem lawmakers to delay a gun purchase. People who want to commit suicide will find a way & I personally believe that committing suicide should be a right.

If I decide I want to end my life, I certainly don't want our crummy gov't telling me how or when or where I may do so

How about we allow people to give their guns to a friend / family member if they feel the need due to mental health issues. Oh, wait, that is ILLEGAL in Oregon now thanks to gun control...I mean gun safety laws. (A tool promoted in Utah.) But hey, we are safer because just in case I needed 11 rounds to shoot myself I'm better off now. Or I get to do a BGC to get a permit where they are going to do another BGC when I buy a gun. More better.

Dripping sarc / off

How about we fix mental health services. There have been some great strides by high profile people coming out and helping to destigmatize mental wellness. But getting treatment is still not what it should be. When I worked as an LEO and took someone for a MH evaluation, there was a direct correlation between their finances and the chances they would get help. Have insurance? Great, come with us. No Insurance? Few screening questions, they were typically deemed "not a threat" and sent on their way. News flash, folks with MH issues often can't keep a job to have insurance.

AND, on top of that; there seems to be several major roadblocks in determining just what constitutes 'red flag' conditions; how 'red flag' laws could work; and where the personal rights end and the societal rights begin.

Until 'they' figure those points out, the MH picture is kinda moot. But that won't stop the libtards from still pushing their 'program'.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top